Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 PC & T2224z 21.5" Monitor Bundle

so I just received yesterday and the monitor isn’t recognizing the computer. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix? computer only takes USB 3 and display port connection and monitor didn’t come with a display port cable, which I’m sure would have been recognized immediately

A DisplayPort cable or adapter required to connect desktop to monitor.

grabbed a displayport cable from MC and monitor recognized signal instantly

Why isnt woot providing the right cable connector???

I received mine yesterday also. The description states that you will need to supply the display port cable. I don’t understand why it ships without one one but whatever. It comes with two cables for the monitor; one is used for the camera and mic, the other is supposed to be for the monitor. You can chunk the one for the monitor because you need the display port cable. Beyond that annoyance, the machine is bad azz. It’s small and powerful.

I registered with Lenovo and searched for any updates for this machine. I found a system interface update available and installed it. The update is found under the “support” tab on the website. Under the support tab, choose technical support (update drivers). Once you select that option you’ll see a search window that says “search by product name, serial number, machine type”. Just type in your serial number (on the back of the machine) and it will provide a list of updates available. In the list, it’s the fourth one down; Lenovo System Interface Foundation for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, IdeaPad, IdeaCentre version 1.0.76.0. Your system may already be updated with this version but mine wasn’t . There is a read me file that provides you with instructions on how to locate what version is currently installed in your system. The read me file is intuitive and easy understand.

This computer has plenty of power for a basic home machine. I use my computer mainly for internet research and basic word processing, photo/video editing etc… It’s more than enough for these tasks. I love that it has wireless 802.11ac built in, there’s no need to hard line it. I purchased a USB 3.0 multi-card reader for it since this unit only has USB ports. I also purchased a basic wireless keyboard and mouse.

It’s perfect for my needs with this setup. It boots up quick and foot print is so small. I have mine on top of my desk laying flat but it comes with a stand if you want to sit up upright.

The machine comes with the latest version of Microsoft office 360 pre-installed. Of course if you want to actually use it you need to purchase a license. I already had a license for office 2013 and installed that instead. If you have an older version of office you would like to install, you will first need to uninstall the current office 360 that is pre-installed on the machine. I used an uninstall utility online but you can simply use the control panel and uninstall if from there. It’s works perfect. Overall I’m super happy I purchased this. It replaced an aging desktop that was on it’s last leg.

I didnt uninstall MS office and still was able to install my older CD version.

So…just tried to set this system up and I picked up a Display Port “DP” adapter to HDMI. Connected everything up, and unfortunately, not working. Nothing on the monitor screen , but the mouse arrow. Do I need Display Port to Display Port (i.e. the DP to HDMI doesn’t work)?