Lenovo ThinkCentre M73z 20" Intel i5 500GB Desktop

If it were $249 it’d be a strong maybe, $199 and I’d pull the trigger, but for $300… ehhh

If you could swap the DVD for a HDD caddy (notebook style) that would be really nice… and if it were 1080 it would suck less

I really want to like this… it even has a VESA mount but something about it just says “meh”

Truth is - anything less than 8 gig of memory is meh, so the price needs to be less, as you’ll end up cracking it open and adding memory.

We’ve had several of these for our office back in 2012 to present. Most of them have gone out in the past year or two, but we still have two that are going strong. One started making noises from the fan, but a removal of the back panel and dust can remedied that quickly.

You get your bang for your buck, despite these being old(er) models, but we got these when they were $800-$1000 each.

These definitely have their uses, but I am always concerned that the monitor is going to go. They have all the drawbacks of laptops (monitor can fail, proprietary hardware can fail, not easy to work on, etc), but without the benefits of a laptop (mobility, replace bad screen by hooking up a monitor, etc.)

I actually like some of the specs, but it’s just not something that works for me.

It supports multiple monitors.

And for my money, it’s portable - just not as nice as a fold-n-carry laptop, at 20".

I’m thinking of it as an around-the-house quasi-laptop. 1600x900 display is a downer, I agree.

308.99 at Newegg. Benchmark results here:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-4570S+%40+2.90GHz&id=1925

For a Woot deal, eh

[MOD: NewEgg is a 90 day warranty; ours is one year.]

Are these touchscreen?

No, not touchscreen.

Can this be mounted to a desk mount? The back doesn’t look like it can, but, maybe with some clever customization?

we can’t any info on wall/vesa mounting so we’re going with no. Well, unless you get creative.

In the description it says there’s a VESA mount…

Look at the back of the 'Puter… the rear leg is covering the VESA Mount; remove the rear leg to reveal the mount.

Just received mine from woot. Canada keyboard, no 7 in 1 card reader, integrated camera not functional.

Yikes, I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

Yes, mine came with the french canadian keyboard as well - useless! All funny pictograms and extra letters. Had to replace right away.

Otherwise a pretty nice machine.