Lenovo ThinkPad 11.6" Quad-Core Notebook

It seems the $700 value is wayyy inflated. You can buy these computers all day long on Ebay for $250-275, there is no reason to pay Lenovo $700.

Question:

*What would be a similar version of this computer with a touchscreen?

Bought this a couple weeks ago when it was on Woot. The screen is really bad. Like crappy viewing angles even from straight on bad. I have a 3 year old Chromebook with a better screen. I ended up swapping the screens as they were the same size, and now it’s an awesome little laptop. The screw tabs weren’t the same, but nothing some tape didn’t fix. Now it’s a great little laptop.

I also put in a larger Samsung 850 EVO SSD (the one it came with is Lite-On), put in a 8gb stick of ram (one slot). Also in the BIOS, you can get the keyboard to be more normal by switching the FN and Ctrl key, and the F1-12 keys to default.

The upgradeability is the biggest pro. Most computers in this size these days seem to be all soldered together and can’t be upgraded. The wifi is also up to date with technology and very fast. Cons are the screen and it’s chunky, but education models usually are.

I’m half tempted to try ordering a 12" panel from eBay and trying to fit it in; the bezels are big enough. Just have to cut the front bezel plate.

I’d say it’s a good buy, but only if you want upgradeability. If you’re fine with soldered on storage and ram, go with that format because it’ll be thinner/lighter.

No, it’s not. The keyboard is very nice, though.

I received this laptop from woot last week. It is very adequate for surfing the web, viewing movies, TV shows, etc. I also have a Macbook Pro. This is no way compatible but it is a solid laptop. I recommend anyone to purchase it. I am waiting for my 8gb ram upgrade from crucial and I think it will probably be a better user experience.

Yup.
Bought 2.
10x6 screen. Small but awesome resolution.
No mouse button. Am still getting used to touchpad.
Keyboard x10 better than Dell.
Real W10 goes to pro, and not a bunch of patches.
Schoolbag tough.
Ssd means fast boot.
New, not refurbished bs, which means it was and probably still is a lemmon.
Otherwise go spend $700.

The keyboard is not lighted.

I am very satisfied with that order. I snagged one and I swear it came overnight, in time to test it over the weekend.

What’s even better? It boots from the SD card slot and an SD fits completely inside.

Downsides so far: no Windows context/app menu key (Print Screen instead), can’t get it drive a 4K resolution over HDMI, and can’t get Miracast to discover my Samsung TV or my Microsoft Wireless adapter.

Just came to post about the quick shipping. I ordered overnight when this deal came online, and it’s on a truck for delivery today (in the DFW area). I’ve been ordering from Woot for years, and never seen a turnaround that quick.

You’re spoiling me, Woot!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don’t say this so loud. Everyone will expect it.

It must cost a lot to get it overnight. I can wait till February 9th. :wink:

Phrased this poorly. I meant I ordered it shortly after it went up for sale. I paid for regular shipping, but got it today!

Sorry, I have to give Woot props when my expectations are exceeded. It happens so rarely these days!

I got mine yesterday, meaning that it also arrived overnite to Michigan. I was stunned!

Anyway, I’ve had a chance to play with it and I have to say that its by far the nicest-made budget laptop I’ve gotten my hands on. I’ve three or four other sub-$400 laptops in the past, and the overall construction and fit and finish was always lacking. Right out of the box this feels incredibly solid and robust. The chassis it stiff and there’s no creaking and flexing plastic.

I am also very impressed with the screen. Someone mentioned earlier they had problems with the brightness/viewing angles, but I can’t see how that’s possible. The resolution and clarity is outstanding, and even with a window to my back or an overhead light, I have zero glare and no trouble viewing.

Speed is just what I’d expect and works great for what I’m generally doing – surfing the web, light photo work, OpenOffice and Google Docs.

Last thing I’ll mention is the keyboard. I’m a little bummed its not backlit, but few in this price range are. That said, its one of the best feeling keyboards I’ve used, and the layout took no time for me to get used to. Coming from a 10" Netbook, this was far easier to type on, and the extra inch of screen made much more of a difference than I expected, and made it much more usable as a computer instead of an occasional web surfing box.

I wouldn’t have been sad paying $350-400 for this, but at $199 I really think it was a steal.

I suppose I’ll post here as well.

I received mine pretty quickly (shipped next day, arrived 3 days later). I bought this laptop with the intention to upgrade some of the hardware.

I was delightfully surprised to see that the RAM is made by Samsung. Also, the 128GB SSD is a Samsung 830.

That’s some pretty awesome hardware for $199. I still swapped the RAM for an 8GB stick, and swapped in a larger SSD for it (Samsung 256GB 850 EVO)

If I see this deal again, I’m getting another one!