Lenovo Thinkpad 11e 11.6" Chromebook

Lenovo Thinkpad 11e 11.6" Chromebook

In before no updates comment

4 Likes

WARNING - DO NOT BUY

Device went End of Life in 2019; this means no more security updates / bug fixes / etc will be released for this device. If you are looking for a Chromebook that will “just work”, this is not what you’re looking for.

If you’re looking for a Chromebook to tinker with and know what you’re doing, carry on.

Screen resolution isn’t the greatest, but is what it is at this price point.

Woot Staff: The End Of Life date should be at the top of the specs; it’s the single most important spec when buying a Chromebook ESPECIALLY considering Chrome based devices have a limited update lifetime.

1 Like

I’m amazed that anyone would buy any chromebook… I thought the only people that even used them where high school students that were forced to use them in schools instead of a more powerful and useful laptop. I can do more with my phone than I can with POS chromebook.

1 Like

How much did it cost to buy an external monitor, full keyboard, and mouse/trackpad to use with your phone? Do you carry all that around with you? You don’t mind using up all your phone battery while using it like a laptop?

1 Like

A few years ago, an eBay seller was selling Chromebook Plus’s for about $200, because they may have been damaged.

Mine was brand new, and for my meds, it’s more efficient than my phone or my (really old) laptop.

Different people have different needs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(And no. I am not a high schooler. Nor was I when I bought it. And I’m merely speaking from personal experience.)

2 Likes

I love my chrome book. I use it far more often than my laptop. It boots super quick. I never have any issues with it. I can easily download android apps that simplify tasks. I’m not going to be running Oracle or editing video, but I almost never do anything that requires any real computing power.

If I had to get rid of my laptop or my chrome book, it’s bye bye windows.

2 Likes

Everyone’s needs are different and just because a product doesn’t work for you personally doesn’t mean that it doesn’t fill a need for someone else.

Yes, the EDU market is probably their biggest purchaser, however, there are use cases for these devices outside that market.