Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11.6" Touch Ultrabook

Does this help?

Customer service can take up to 48 hours to reply, but they should be able to help you. Just don’t forget to check your Spam folders because sometimes their emails get caught there.

yup. i am using mine that i got off woot several montha ago right meow to type this. i swapped out the 4gb ram for an 8gb. was about 30 bucks. very easy to do and worth the effort.

If that doesn’t work, you can always disable it in the device manager.

Make sure the RAM you buy is one stick only. There is only one slot in the computer

I have purchased two of these here over the last seven months.

For anyone whining about the CPU or screen resolution of a $260 touchscreen, convertible notebook designed to stand up to the rigors of the road (education market), you probably are in the wrong place. These are great for what they are designed for, which isn’t playing your favorite cutting-edge game at the highest settings. I use mine as a front-end for test equipment and in places where I would rather not have to take my primary “cutting edge” laptop.

1366x768 is fine at this screen size and with the memory and HD being easily and cheaply upgradeable (plus Win10Pro is already installed) and the 6-8 hour battery life this is a steal.

I bought one of these a few months ago. Initially, I was very disappointed–there were glitches, the keyboard and touchscreen weren’t responsive, etc. However, after updating all the drivers, everything started working great!

I upgraded the RAM as well…I think that helped but honestly I don’t notice much of a difference.

Point is, take the time to make sure all the drivers and software are up to date.

I bought one to use as my small primary laptop computer. I really like it and have upgraded it to 8GB ram (one stick) and upgraded the SSD to a 500 GB. Both were easy changes. For those wondering I can play Minecraft and Everquest on this computer. I like mine so much I bought a second one.

I bought one from Woot back in March and upgraded the RAM to 8 GB. I have been very pleased with it, and use it for my primary computer most of the time. No, I don’t play games on it, but use it mostly for editing documents and spreadsheets, and it has worked wonderfully. I really dislike the touchpad, but not just for this machine - I really don’t like them in general. I wish Lenovo had kept the trackpoint eraser-type pointer, but they didn’t. I use a cheapo USB mouse instead, and am happy with it. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone.

I bought this for my high school aged daughter and I’d like her to be able to add a personal touch with a custom skin. Does anybody know if this is a Yoga 2 or 3 series? It looks like there are 3 generations of this series.

Oh yep, you’re absolutely right. It’s 8gx1. Sorry, folks. Original post corrected.

Also, u can’t see the difference until u get into the larger screen sizes!

[QUOTE=keet00, post:30, topic:600807]
I bought this for my high school aged daughter and I’d like her to be able to add a personal touch with a custom skin. Does anybody know if this is a Yoga 2 or 3 series? It looks like there are 3 generations of this.

How was this verified? According to Crucial.com the 3rd GEN is not compatible with the standard SATA SSD upgrades–the highest they list is 256GB for 3rd GEN Yoga 11E.

I’d love to upgrade but not if I can’t actually increase the storage for my wife’s addiction to iPhone pictures of our boys!

Writing from the non “yoga” version of this computer ($200 last year) and loving it except occasionally the track-pad sticks clicked.

Can a STAFF comment on the generation of these computers?

I ordered an open box version of this last week and it arrived yesterday. This morning I booted it, entered all the necessary information, and the thing is off and running. I did a search of the hard drive for the Lenovo Thinkpad software in order to update the drivers and BIOS, and there is NO Lenovo software on mine. That my be because mine is a return/open box, but this thing is clean and fast.

This is our 3rd 11e. We have one each Intel and one AMD non-yoga version. The first two were so good for our children that I ordered this Yoga version for myself. I have an original Surface Pro, but after 3 years in a backpack one of the fans is making very bad noises. The two being used by our children have stood up to regular student abuse with no trouble. I don’t know what to do with the Surface Pro (still works but is very loud) but I am happy with this purchase.

I bought in March.
I am 50 yrs old and run a small transportation business with this as my primary computer.

I have never used it as a touch tablet but it serves me well as a laptop which doesn’t take up too much space on the desk and travels well.

Very happy with the purchase and overall value!

I spent $35 to upgrade to 8GB right away.

How do you upgrade to a 500 hard drive and keep WIN10PRO?

I can see it easily. It’s really a question about being ok with a low resolution, but higher quality, screen than usual.

I bought one of these about 4 months ago on Woot. I’m overall happy with it, but every once in a while the keyboard is unresponsive, which is frustrating. Other than that, it’s a solid and sturdy laptop. if anyone knows how to fix the keyboard issue, please let me know, but it’s not a big enough problem that I would not recommend it. I’m happy with the value of this this laptop.

If the occasional keyboard problem is while using Chrome, it is a bug in Chrome. Open notepad and type. Chrome will work again. Wish they would fix this bug in Chrome, and also the unresponsive Find text feature when searching for the same text a second time.