Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11.6" Touch Ultrabook

The Amazon link is for the non-tablet version, I think.

It’s different, they offered that one on woot.com as well. Basically same as the yoga as far as specs but doesn’t have a touchscreen. Woot.com had it priced at $199 back in January (I bought one).

Who wants a tablet without a touchscreen? Please refrain from posting false assertions regarding a better price somewhere else if you aren’t even referring to the same product. Thanks you.

Yeppers! That is the one I have been waiting to come back up! Don’t want a touch screen, flip flop fancy lap top for $50 more. Give me that $199 baby woot!

Chill. Thank you.

I don’t want a laptop that becomes a crazy heavy tablet. If I wanted a tablet I would buy a light tablet…

btw, the OP was asking a question - no posting of “false assertions”!

Anyone know what year and model this is? (And why does Woot omit that critical info so often?)

Model 20D90027US (yep, I gave up trying to find the model number for the Samsung watch).

Also the difference between this one and the Amazon one is that this one has an IPS display, touchscreen, it is a Yoga (folds into tablet mode), has Dragontrail glass and someone said it has no crapware (because it is an educational model).

I purchased one of these units a little while ago. The unit arrived fast, and so far, I’ve been mostly impressed with the performance. It’s a little heavy to use in tablet mode, but gets the job done. If I had any complaints about the device, it would be a weird bug I’m experiencing after flipping the device out of tablet mode. The keyboard starts double-typing characters and the touch pad shorts out until I reboot the machine.

For the price, I’ve been very pleased. Hope this helps someone else.

Been trying to figure out how this compares to Lenovo’s Flex 3 with the i7 and 8 GB ram?

No, it’s not. The model you linked to at Amazon is NOT touchscreen enabled and doesn’t appear to be “reversible to tablet” ready either. The version identical to the Woot version is here at $305:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B16MXLU/ref=psdc_565108_t3_B01AS3B79G

I’ve been wanting one of these but I’m torn between the Intel version and the AMD version. The Passmark score for the AMD A4 is higher than the Intel Celeron both in overall performance and single threaded performance.

However, when looking up the specs for the AMD model I’ve been finding contradictory information. Some reviews sites claim a max memory of 4 GB while others claim an 8 GB max. There is also some dispute over whether that memory is single or dual channel.

Anyone have experience with the AMD version of this laptop and can clarify specs?

I bought one of these last week and it came in a few days (on Sunday) via “Amazon Logistics” which only Woot can track.

I upgraded to 8 gig with a $28 Amazon Crucial SODIMM. All the software I’ve tried to load, including Office work fine.

It is fast for what it (and much better than the Samsung XP netbook it is replacing), with a clear, bright screen and it seems solid.

Connected to all three access points on my network (different flavors and mfrs) with no problem.

Only minor issue is the Lenovo Solution Center says there are only 333 days left on the warranty instead of the 363 from the date it was delivered. I’m asking Woot about that.

For this price you really can’t go wrong for a (fairly) lightweight basic Windows machine that doubles as a tablet for travel.

I bought one from the sale last week. MFG date was 1/2016. This model is targeted to the education market, which is a plus since it isn’t loaded with junk ware. I suspect a large school district cancelled an order. Like others I bumped it to 8g ram. Runs Office 2013 well.

Yep. I just bought this the last time woot had it, too. Popped in the 8 GB RAM upgrade before firing it up, and I’m using a 128 GB SDXC card for documents, etc. for expanded data storage.

I’ve had no problem whatsoever with the wifi and bluetooth.

Great value for the price! But I’ve always had good luck with Lenovo products.

Can the CPU be upgraded?

just bought one, I think this will be a good fit for me.

My uses, in order:

photo storage/upload/deletion (minimal editing)

internet

starcraft/brood war (original)

This looks like the machine for me. Replacing a 4 y.o. acer netbook that might as well be from the stone age at this point.

Also bought the linked Crucial 8GB. Any rec’s for a larger SSD?

Thanks. I honestly couldn’t tell the difference, which is why I asked.

I just ordered one to hopefully use as an iPad replacement for the wife when we travel. I am going to find 8GB of ram right now on Amazon so I can put it in right away.

Can anyone advise whether the 8 gb ram upgrade should be DDR3 or DDR3L ?

From Dell’s website:
"
DDR3L is a dual voltage capable memory SoDIMM, which supports operation at both 1.5V and 1.35V. DDR3L is also pin-compatible with DDR3. DDR3 is a single voltage capable memory SoDIMM, which supports 1.5V operation only.
"

So if you get DDR3L, you cover both.

It is frustrating that this model on Amazon is the EXACT same model number, and has an Intel processor. I just know that if I buy this thing, I will get soldered-on memory, and I will be stuck at 4gb, non-returnable. I just don’t know what I’m buying.

Even in the Q&A on Amazon, back-to-back answers:

• The memory can be upgraded. (“I did it”.) followed by:

• The memory is soldered on and can’t be upgraded.