Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e 128GB Ultrabook

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e 128GB Ultrabook

I bought one of these 5 years ago from Woot. I used it daily at work, mainly for surfing the internet during breaks and checking email. It worked fine for its intended purpose. I upgraded the RAM to 8 GB.

I had a small problem with a warranty issue because Woot was not an authorized retailer for Lenovo but that was eventually taken care of. I see that this refurbished one only comes with a 90-day Woot warranty anyway, so that will not be a problem.

Is the SSD an SSD, or eMMC? Easily upgradable memory and SSD ?
Thanks!

Can anyone give me an idea how long the battery lasts in something like this? I want it to use it intermittently 5-10min at a time to download data from a logging device. I would estimate I would to perform 10-20 downloads on a full charge.

Does it have an SD slot? Never mind, I see that it has a 4n1 card reader.

Thanks

The SSD is likely an M2 SSD, easily upgradable. The memory listed in the spec is onboard which means not at all upgradable. It is possible that this is misstated in the spec, but for $130 I wouldn’t expect much.

The battery should easily last 2-4 hours while idle. I have a slightly newer one of these and the battery lasts 4 hours easily with light surfing.

FYI:

Per the spec sheet, these take a standard 2.5” SATA drive, either a hard drive or SSD. The specs list the memory as 8GB max, but YMMV.

1 Like

A Lenovo for $130? Purchased.

Just got mine today. Any reason why the touchscreen doesn’t work?

Did you try putting it in tablet mode?

Hi there. If you don’t figure it out, reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

After hours of trying different settings and updating drivers I reached out to Lenovo customer service and this laptop is NOT a touchscreen model. The listing is all wrong. I will be returning mine. Very disappointing.

1 Like

I just did the same thing as previous user. bunch of updates both windows and Lenovo… and NOPE NO TOUCH SCREEN… PRetty useless to have fold over tent design with no touch screen :frowning: SOrry Woot… Kick the bucket on these… Will be returning as well…

Hello folks. We’ve heard back from the vendor. It seems that a few non-touchscreen versions of the laptop got mixed in with these laptops.

If you received one that is a non-touch, reach out to Woot Customer Service. They can help you with a return. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

1 Like

Mine isn’t a touchscreen as well. But I won’t be returning as I’ll be upgrading it myself, and voiding the warranty. Solid laptop though. :+1: