Lenovo X1-Carbon 14" Intel i7 Ultrabook

A 240 GB SSD is only $100-$120. That Dell is a much better deal. It would take you less than 30 minutes to clone the HD, then you are left with the original HD you can use as a portable (or a back-up).

**I do totally agree though that SSD makes all the difference. It’s the most significant performance jump you will experience per $.

My company gave me one of these so I didn’t pay for it, but for what it’s worth I love this machine. The soft keys in place of the function keys can take some getting used to but overall the performance and size/weight of this machine seem like a great value at this price.

If you need an ultraportable laptop that performs better than a Chromebook, this is a great choice.

I’m putting a 512gb SSD in my new one, the difference in cost of the drives is at most $25… Seriously, do some fact checking…

I’ll have less in the laptop & the 512gb SSD than this Thinkpad costs… (Refurbished I might add, mine will be all new)

[MOD: This sale is for a NEW item.]

These are not refurbished.

Don’t sell IvyBridge and newer integrated graphics short.

They’re better than you think they are.

Does this have a touch screen like a tablet?

Is better to buy this from ebay, same price and NO TAX… also free ship.

this guy definitely isn’t a vim user

how often do you even use/need caps lock? that button has never been useful, yet it has had so much negative impact that people have had to program warnings into login screens to alert the user that the caps lock is on.
stick it up with the function keys, not with freaking shift and tab and “a”

As of this writing:

• Visit here.

• Select the left-most entry; click on “Customize and Add”.

• Click on, “Expand all configuration items.”

• Upgrade the CPU to the i7-4600U. This will also upgrade RAM to 8GiB.

• Note the display resolution is WQHD (2560x1440).

• Upgrade the SSD to 256GB

Final price, before any other discounts: $1,169.40 – About $20 more. Note that this config has vanilla Win8.1 and not Win8.1 Pro, which will add an additional $50.

And you still have the chaotic-evil keyboard.

when i receive the machine,i found there is only 1 year warranty at lenovo service ,but the website of woot say 3 year warranty

Please keep the warranty card you received inside your order.

The warranty along with this sale was Lenovo 3 Years.
If you’re concerned or have questions regarding warranty coverage please email into [email]support@woot.com[/emai].

I had the same issue, and Woot didn’t do anything.

After months of back and forth, they said its their fault and now if anything happens woot will get it repaired.

Feels like ripped off :frowning: