Lenovo X1-Carbon 14" Touch Ultrabook

You realize that windows 8 is not all that different than windows 7 (minus the mediacenter, plus the metrosexual tiles). You add one of the many 3rd party start programs (I use iobit)and you are pretty much back to windows 7 desktop. I have to agree though that windows 7 is not nearly as touch friendly as windows 8 metrosexual tiles. So if you are going to have a touch interface W8 is a better option here. Having said that this is not a great deal in my opinion. A $1000 computer should have at least a 1920x1080 resolution, 8gb and a Haswell processor. Today’s computer should be half the price, even considering the carbon fiber body.

Have a first generation X1 Carbon Touch and love it to death, though the model I have has twice the SSD and RAM, which makes a big difference. The mobile i5 isn’t a huge step down from the i7, though, since this generation of mobile processors is heat-limited. The touchscreen isn’t a huge selling point for me, but it’s a little bit of a bonus. I never really use it for productivity tasks, but it’s sometimes nice for scrolling browser windows or clicking links. So, lukewarm thumb’s up for this model.

Saying Windows 7 is better than Windows 8 is like saying a cheeseburger is better than a double cheeseburger with coleslaw on the side. A somewhat-improved version of Windows 7 is inside Windows 8, and really easy to find (just hit WinKey-D, or the Desktop shortcut on the silly Metro menu). You can set up Windows 8.1 to boot directly to the desktop. You don’t like the coleslaw, just push it aside. My day-to-day usage has changed almost not at all since, umm, upgrading (?) to Windows 8.

Totally agree. The fit and finish of this notebook is first class. The SSD is very, very fast, much faster than a “1.5 TB HDD”. I have had more notebooks than I can count, but today, the quality and finish of the product is more important than the processor.

Totally agree. The fit and finish of this notebook is first class. The SSD is very, very fast, much faster than a “1.5 TB HDD”. I have had more notebooks than I can count, but today, the quality and finish of the product is more important than the processor/specs. This is well worth $999

i came here to comment about this too, i’m so sick of it. Only an idiot would think the list prices shown here are legit, this is probably 20% off in reality

Limit 1 per customer! NOWAI!!! What if I wanted one for my personal self, my work self, my hiding self, and my mom?

I’m fairly sure only the new 2014 models have onelink connectors, not this one.

list price from lenovo is $1.6k not $2.6k and it didnt get the best reviews

Like the others have said, this is an absurd price and a misleading “real price” making it look like a better deal than it is. Sigh.

That doesn’t really inspire much confidence in your opinion. Either you can’t count, or you make one poor buying decision after the next. I’ve had nine laptops, five of which are still around. I can assure you that $1,000 for last year’s “business class” laptop with horrible resolution, a previous generation processor, a meager 128GB SSD and barely enough RAM to boot the OS, is a lousy deal no matter how sturdy the case is… although that will come in handy when you inevitably throw it across the room in frustration.

Edit: And that relic wasn’t worth $2,700 when it was new… probably why it’s here now.

My thoughts exactly. Like I said above, this should have been priced at 1/2 of what woot was asking- I still would not have bought it.

I’m in the market for a new PC to compliment my MBP. You all think this is the best thin windows PC on the market?