Lenovo Yoga 12.5" FHD i5 Touch Ultrabook

Any idea as to the original manufactured date on this model?

I sit corrected. It does have a stylus.

December 2013

Yes, it does.

Sorry, no.

my reasearch says this originally posted in late '13 early '14

Tried to buy one of these (or really similar) before Christmas for my daughter. Received the unit but it had a stuck key on the keyboard and from the visible wear and tear on the unit it looked more like a reconditioned used computer than one that was refurbished from a factory defect. The age of the model should hint that these have been used for quite a while and are coming off lease or something like that. You are better off looking at the manufacturer refurbished items at the lenovo website, which is what I ended up doing after having to return mine. I love woot and I love lenovo and normally I love buying refurbished to save some money, but these aren’t worth it.

I went and looked it up. The one I had trouble with was exactly this same model. Lenovo Yoga 12.5" Touchscreen Ultrabook

The last one I bought had the RAM and SSD soldered in, an unfortunate design choice on Lenovo’s part, making it worthless to me. Be careful.

“Nxt tim you and I spakl,”

Spakl?

Anyone know if or tried to dual boot windows 10 and Neverware chrome OS on this laptop?

I’d like to validate one year warranty. Can we get Woot to confirm?
Information is ambiguous

I confirmed above.

One year warranty is correct.

If you get frustrated and throw the unit against the wall, we’ll definitely need to spakl.

I have to agree. And How do they refurbish it? New software? New keyboard ? What exactly?

They blow the crumbs out of the keyboard.

I actually have the i7 version of this, purchased new in 2014.

The good: It’s definitely a solid laptop, lasting me four years without any major issues. Good build quality, nice keyboard, nice touchpad. The keyboard is backlit (see the white print on the spacebar? that’s the icon for the backlight).

The bad: My model has a persistent image problem on the screen. It’s somewhat like “burn-in” on old monitors, leaving a residual image. The image does fade after a few minutes, so it’s not permanent, but it’s annoying. The touchpad is nice, but takes some getting used to clicking without buttons like older thinkpads. Screen quality is decent, but color is not as good as my wife’s 2012 MacBook Pro. Same goes for sound quality with built-in speakers. The webcam sucks, but I never use it. The wacom stylus works well, is pressure sensitive, and would be great if you draw a lot. I thought I’d use it more, but I hardly ever use it.

Got my Yoga today. And I am very happy. 5 star service from JoySystems. I came faster than expected. Just perfect.

I got mine two days ago. It’s a really nice unit and in reasonably good condition. I’d say that it was extremely well packed, well documented and my out of the box experience was top notch.

If I had a criticism, it’s that the term refurbished is very broad and in this case, I’d say that this is better described as “certified pre owned”. This unit clearly wasn’t opened, used lightly and returned. This unit was used, and then the refuribisher cleaned it up, refreshed the OS, made sure all the parts were in good working order and packed it up. That’s ok, but it (IMO) stretches the definition of refurbished.

The Thinkpad logo insert on the back of the screen is missing plastic. There is a screw cover on the screen side that is missing, exposing the screw. paint has worn away on the bottom. So far, it works perfectly.

So, it feels like I’ve bought a certified used product with a good warranty. I’m happy with that.

I am interested in it as well. How good is the touch parts?