Let’s Stump Ben! The Shirt.Woot Contest/Game Ends 11/25/2021 [ENDED, See Results]

Epidermis

Pamphlet

This topic was automatically closed after 16 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

THIS THREAD IS LOCKED UNTIL WINNERS ARE PICKED

Winners will be posted in a few minutes in this thread after this post

LET’S STUMP BEN!!

Let’s see what Ben can do. Excel has spoken and here’s your challenge.

@benwyeth: You have until tomorrow (11/26) @ about noon CT to complete your task.

Post # (Permalink) Winner Word
127 @caramelarrow Markhor
4 @Wooter974002826 Bicoastal
65 @AImademedoit Quesadilla
30 @funsyd Escrow
212 @doalae Oilskin

Winners : I will private message you with your coupon code tomorrow after Ben shares his results so we can see if someone stumped Ben. You will also receive an email from an @amazon.com address.

6 Likes

11/26?

Yeah, that. I have a new keyboard and I’m having trouble adjusting. LOL

Did they change the order of the numbers? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d rather be in the alternate universe!

I’m sure we’re all still recovering from food comas, and we have a LOT of great Woot! Black Friday deals to be snagging, so I’ll be brief this round. Great words! Again! You guys never cease to surprise me. But was I stumped? Let’s get down to brass tacks and find out:

Markhor by @caramelarrow

Definition- A wild goat of mountainous regions from Afghanistan to India.
Of the 9ish species of wild goats that belong to the Capra genus, Markhors have the most impressive horns. Giant curly things. While we don’t have any designs depicting a full-grown markhor, we do have a few good ones that depict some of their younger ibex cousins. Like this design by @glitchygorilla:

And while I’m sharing goat designs, it seems like it would be a missed ‘dad-joke’ opportunity if I didn’t share this classic by @BignellArt:

Bicoastal by @Wooter974002826

Definition- Of, relating to, or occurring on both the east and west coasts of the U.S.
This one had me worried for a hot minute. A few possible options came to mind like this political design by @Kg07:

Or this one by @Caityjean

But both felt like a bit of a stretch. BUT THEN I LOOKED DOWN. And guess which shirt I was wearing?! This PERFECT design by @vomaria that depicts the most FAMOUS bicoastal runner EVER: Forest Gump! Boom. This guy ran coast-to-coast (across the silver screen) 5 times. So yeah, I’d say he’s bicoastal. :wink:

Quesadilla by @AImademedoit

Definition- A tortilla filled with cheese and often a savory mix of meat and vegetables), folded, and usually fried.
This one was easy. Almost as easy as making a quesadilla! I immediately thought of this classic (if somewhat cheesy) design by @patrickspens:

Escrow by @funsyd

Definition- A deed, a bond, money, or a piece of property held in trust by a 3rd party to be turned over to the grantee only upon fulfillment of a condition.
This one had me longing for my youth when the biggest thing I had to worry about was that gross pimple at the end of my nose. But alas, my days are now filled with exciting things like mortgages, the looming costs of maybe sending 4 kids to college, and the increasingly far-off possibility of retirement. Escrows fall into this same category, and immediately made me think of this simple-but-accurate design by
@jamescho84 and @tgentry:

It also made me think of how un-fun “adulting” can be and this design by @zawitees:

And this sportier version by @piercek25:

Oilskin by @doalae

Definition- An oiled waterproof cloth used for coverings and garments.
This one was was easy. The word Oilskin always conjures images of bright yellow rain slickers like the cute one depicted in this rainy-day design by @ztrover:

Or the more fashionable version sported by the Doctor in this Morton Salt parody by @Caityjean:

And since we’re sort of on the subject of rain, you should DEFINITELY check out this hilarious rainbow design by @NomadSlim:

And that’s it! Better luck next time. Happy shopping, y’all!

7 Likes

CONGRATS TO THE 5 PICKED!

LOOKS LIKE YOU DIDN"T STUMP BEN THOUGH!

COUPONS COMING TO YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE BOX SOON!

1 Like

WOW! I won something!! YAY! Pretty much given up on BOC’s, so this is great. Thank you so much TT and Ben and Woot!

2 Likes

Woohoo! Even with a food coma. Great job.