Let's Stump Ben! A shirt.woot contest/game! Ends Thursday, 10/8 [ENDED]

We’re going to try a new game/contest. @benwyeth of the shirt team is a master of connecting Shirt.Woot designs to any topic of conversation, phrase, word, etc. So we’re going to put Ben to the test.

You’re going to post a single word that Ben will use to find a shirt that relates to it. Now, Ben doesn’t have to find a shirt with that word in the design or title. Nope, he just has to relate it to that shirt. Keep in mind that Ben is a wealth of knowledge in many areas so he can probably connect a shirt to just about any word.

But who knows! Maybe YOU can stump him.

How the Game Works

• You enter by posting one word only in this thread. One post per person.
  • Entry submission ends on Thursday at noon CT.
  • I will pick 5 entries/words at random using Mr. Microsoft Excel.
  • Ben has until Friday at noon CT to come up with a shirt that relates to your word and explain the connection.
  • If Ben makes the connection, you still win! You’ll receive a $10 coupon for use on shirt.woot!!
  • If Ben can’t come up with a shirt for a submitted word, that person gets a $10 Woot! coupon in addition to the $10 shirt coupon.

Word Rules

• One word only per post. One post per person.
  • Keep it clean. That means PG-13. No words that you wouldn’t say in front of my grandmother
  • English words only.
  • Words must appear in the Merriam-Webster online dictionary as a standard word (can’t be noted as non-standard)
  • No pronouns, medical terms, and similar words.
  • No names/terms known only to you.
  • NO POLITICS!

NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER

To Enter

• Post a single word in this thread saying for Ben to use to find a shirt to relate to it.

• You MUST post right here in THIS thread. Posts on Facebook, Twitter, or any other place are not valid entries.

• ONE entry per person. Users with multiple entries will be not be chosen.

• You must enter before Thursday , October 8, 2020 @ noon CT.

Pro Tip: You don’t have to scroll to the bottom to post. Look for this button on the right side and click it. BOOM!

Winner Selection and Notification

I will randomly pick a winner by taking the post count and getting a random number from good ol’ Microsoft Excel (trademark, copyright, protections, etc). That number is the permalink post number.

I will notify the winner(s) on Friday via Private Message here on the forums and ask CS to contact you. at the email address on your Woot! account (If you have a private message, you’ll see a number next to your avatar in the upper-right corner.)

The coupon code will be good for 30 days.

Did I say No Purchase Required to Enter? Legal says I have to say that.

Also, here the link again for all those long legal rules .

Winners!

Post Winner Word
67 Zuconta Resin
2 WootGwen Antagonize
10 PantherRose Tardigrade
48 Joefj2 Commiserate
56 Brove2016 Huggermugger

Ben’s response < click

antagonize

1 Like

floccinaucinihilipilification… OK. other dicitonaries have it… Damn you Merriam! Or should I be mad at Webster?

How about…

Contraremonstrance

[MOD: not in Merriam-Webster]

3 Likes

I think I needed to read the rules better…this is fantastic!!

2 Likes

Do not count this as an entry, but this made me laugh, and of course Big Pappi Googles provides.

Summary

2 Likes

Grateful

1 Like

Syzygy

1 Like

dewlap

1 Like

Search

3 Likes

Tardigrade

2 Likes

Qindar

1 Like

I would have said “cat”, but seeing how many years later, catshirts.woot.com still redirects to shirt, I don’t think Ben would be stumped for long.

So my word is “kerfuffle”.

3 Likes

dodecahedron

1 Like

hydatomorphic

2 Likes

Masticate

1 Like

gabelle

1 Like

Trapezoid

3 Likes