Sea breeze

ACK I’M LATE!

THIS THREAD IS LOCKED UNTIL WINNERS ARE PICKED

Winners will be posted in a few minutes in this thread after this post

2 Likes

Locked eh?

Ok, I won’t post.

@ThunderThighs - :slight_smile:

Let’s see what Ben can do. Excel has spoken and here’s your challenge.

@benwyeth: You have until tomorrow (12/4) @ about noon CT to complete your task.

Post # (Permalink) Winner Word
616 @oulawyer Kefir
90 @molyman2 Cartilage
543 @Otacon1958 Corpulent
152 @Wooter502582346. Osmosis
338 @jhopgood evapotranspiration

Winners : I will private message you with your coupon code tomorrow after Ben shares his results so we can see if someone stumped Ben. CS will email you as well.

7 Likes

Congrats winners! Can’t wait to see what connection mastery you have this time Ben!

1 Like

congrats GIF

Hahahaha! You call THIS a challenge? Puh-leees. Except maybe the first word… that one had me sweating a little. Alright, here we go:

Kefir by @oulawyer

Definition- A sour beverage of fermented cow’s milk.

Okay. This one was tricky. But then I stumbled upon this hilarious design by @rasabi that is a perfect blend of snark and ‘dad-joke,’ and which feels like a pretty natural fit for a sour fermented milk drink:

So there’s that. But then I ALSO learned that the fermentation process used to make kefir ends up breaking down a LOT of the lactose in the milk, thereby making it a viable alternative for those with a lactose intolerance. Which is a fun fact that naturally made me this of this great design by @geekydog:

And because I CAN’T help myself, I have to share one of my personal favorite milk-adjacent designs, even though it really doesn’t have anything to do with kefir… This one is by @thesleepingsky:

Cartilage by @molyman2

Definition- A usually translucent tissue [found in] some joints, respiratory passages, and the external ear.

Okay. This one was easier. Cartilage is that rubbery stuff between your joints and in your nose and ears, oh, and BASICALLY 100% OF A SHARK’S SKELETON! So here are a few of my favorite shark designs. This one by @ninthWHEEL:

And this one by @victorcalahan:

And since we’re all mostly humans around here (I mean probably, I don’t know you), here’s a funny skeleton design by @Gammaray85:

Corpulent by @Otacon1958

Definition- Having a large bulky body.

Same, bro. Same. It’s been a rough stretch for a LOT of us. Anywhoo… here’s a funny design about a corpulent cat from @NemiMakeit:

And one that feels VERY personally relatable by @Wheels03: quote=“ThunderThighs, post:1019, topic:835278”]
Let’s see what Ben can do. Excel has spoken and here’s your challenge.
[/quote]

Hahahaha! You call THIS a challenge? Puh-leees. Except maybe the first word… that one had me sweating a little. Alright, here we go:

Kefir by @oulawyer

Definition- A sour beverage of fermented cow’s milk.

Okay. This one was tricky. But then I stumbled upon this hilarious design by @rasabi that is a perfect blend of snark and ‘dad-joke,’ and which feels like a pretty natural fit for a sour fermented milk drink:

So there’s that. But then I ALSO learned that the fermentation process used to make kefir ends up breaking down a LOT of the lactose in the milk, thereby making it a viable alternative for those with a lactose intolerance. Which is a fun fact that naturally made me this of this great design by @geekydog:

And because I CAN’T help myself, I have to share one of my personal favorite milk-adjacent designs, even though it really doesn’t have anything to do with kefir… This one is by @thesleepingsky:

Cartilage by @molyman2

Definition- A usually translucent tissue [found in] some joints, respiratory passages, and the external ear.

Okay. This one was easier. Cartilage is that rubbery stuff between your joints and in your nose and ears, oh, and BASICALLY 100% OF A SHARK’S SKELETON! So here are a few of my favorite shark designs. This one by @ninthWHEEL:

And this one by @victorcalahan:

And since we’re all mostly humans around here (I mean probably, I don’t know you), here’s a funny skeleton design by @Gammaray85:

Corpulent by @Otacon1958

Definition- Having a large bulky body.

Same, bro. Same. It’s been a rough stretch for a LOT of us. Anywhoo… here’s a funny design about a corpulent cat from @NemiMakeit:

And one that feels VERY personally relatable by @Wheels03 : (it’s like you KNOW me, Wheels, for real)

Osmosis by @Wooter502582346.

Definition- Movement of a solvent through a semipermeable membrane, OR, a usually effortless and often unconscious assimilation.

Hmm… should I focus on the semipermeable membrane or unconscious assimilation? WHY NOT BOTH?! Like this design by @tjschaeffer:

And if you need a little more “AWWWWWW” in your day, here are some cute cats doing some adorable learning via osmosis by @patrickspens and @apelad: #shamelessclickbait

Evapotranspiration by @jhopgood

Definition- Loss of water from the soil both by evaporation and by transpiration from plants.

So we have a pretty spot-on fit for this one by @rglee129:

But this funny design by @thatrobert feels at least tangentially relevant:

And if you’re in the market for designs about tree jerks, you’re in luck with this little gem from @Radscoolian:

And that’s a wrap, folks! I know i say it often, but I really feel like I dodged a few VERY scary bullets in the entries this week. So keep 'em coming and maybe my luck will run out next time. Adios and happy shirting!

10 Likes

Penguin Slapping GIF

5 Likes

I don’t believe I have this catshirt (yet).

2 Likes

Good thing there’s a promo.

2 Likes

GREAT JOB, BEN!!

WINNERS! I’ve already sent your coupon to you in private messages.

To check your PMs, click on your avatar in the upper-right corner of any page and then click on the envelope in the menu that appears.

5 Likes

Awesome! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I feel like the shark connection to cartilage is a bit of stretch, however, I wholeheartedly agree with the others.

Almond milk…hahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

But that’s the point of cartilage though, right? To give a little stretch & bend to our otherwise rigid frames? :wink:

4 Likes

Shirtballs! By Jove, you did it boy!

4 Likes

Is @Wheels03 the same as @DoodleToots? Cuz when I click the link, it says the shirt was designed by Wheels03.

Also @benwyeth, great job, as usual.

2 Likes

Nope, it was just a wrong tag. Wheels03 is Kenny. I am DoodleToots and I am Jason. While we are not the same person, I do have the Built Like a Bounty Hunter shirt and wear it often.

2 Likes