Lexmark X5470 Multifunction Printer

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

New Lexmark X5470 Multifunction Printer, for $49.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Lexmark X5470 Color Printer, Fax Machine, Copier, and Scanner

What do you want to do ?[list][]Access the price comparator for Lexmark X5470 Multifunction Printer
[
]Lookup at Froogle, Amazon and eBay in one click[/list]http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Lexmark X5470 Multifunction Printer
$49.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product: 1 Lexmark X5470 Color Printer, Fax Machine, Copier, and Scanner

I could print this page.

How expensive is the ink, and can it be refilled?

Where’s our birthday celebration we’ve been waiting for all week?

We have an HP at home and we consistently got errors messages while using it with Windows. We finally cleared them up but is that a problem with all new printers and Windows? If I pick up one of these will it just be the same issues?

Yeah, and most others too for that matter, lol.

this is a very nice color printer slash fax slash scanner slash copier! i got this exact model as a gift last year, and it has made me money!!! don’t ask how! it just did!! hehe!!!

CNET GAVE IT A 6.1

Sometimes its difficult to find cheap OEM/Non-Genuine ink for Lexmarks. Even if you find it, its often more expensive compared to other printer brands.

cnet review product summary

Product Summary

The good: Inexpensive; nice range of features; built-in memory card slots and PictBridge port; fast text prints; decent scan quality; built-in ADF.

The bad: Poor to mediocre print quality; slow copy speed; very limited paper handling options.

The bottom line: The Lexmark X5470 offers loads of features and respectable print speeds at a low price, but its print quality leaves a lot to be desired. You can find a similarly priced all-in-one that offers better print quality.

What’s multifunction about it? Is it a fax machine? You can put a memory card in it?

I don’t know anyone except businesses who fax often today, and they usually have dedicated machines.
If I were printing something from a memory card, I’d definitely want to run it through the GIMP or Photoshop first–do people really print their photos straight from a memory card???

In for one… thanks!

Hey does this thing scan to a memory card? Anybody out there can tell me or link me somewhere that can tell me? If it can 10 page scan to a memory card, I will buy 2. Thanks

This really depends on the model of printer and version of windows. When I had Vista x64 on my laptop, the HP utility crashed constantly.

Also, what type of errors are you getting? Errors with the software for managing the printer, or errors printing?

Also, I am inclined to ask: Why is your beanbag harry?!?

no prob with installing and yes u can refill the inks! works well on my windows…good printer for 50 bucks! worth about a cnote last year…

“The good: Inexpensive; nice range of features; built-in memory card slots and PictBridge port; fast text prints; decent scan quality; built-in ADF.
The bad: Poor to mediocre print quality; slow copy speed; very limited paper handling options.”

http://shopper.cnet.com/multifunction-devices/lexmark-x5470/4014-3181_9-32066911.html#p1

I have this printer. Good functions, has not let me down yet. For the price, i would buy them and then throw them away as soon as the ink runs out.

I haven’t had much luck with Lexmark printers. Often good design points and usually a very good price, but at the expense of quality.
My last 2 came free with the purchase of a router and a LCD. Each broke before the “starter” ink ran out. Not very encouraging. They also had a tendency to pull the sheets through at an angle so documents would look messed up when printed.
$50 is low for a multifunction, but I’d pass because I don’t want to pay $50 to see something die in a few weeks.