Lexmark X5470 Multifunction Printer

Looks like a good deal, but how many sheets of paper does the paper tray hold? If it’s only 50, that means frequent reloads.

Of course, you’ll probably get stiffed on the print cartridges, but they gotta make some money somehow.

Depends on the error message

Also the driver is very bad. somtimes it’s impossible to get another printer to work after uninstalling the lexmark software.

Lol. At first I thought it said “Lexmark X5470 MALfunction Printer”

this printer has lasted me over a year! not for multiple coplies, it is slow but i get great color copies and i sold a few color baseball pics on ebay! really good deal!!

It might be a good printer, but it quite honestly looks about as modern as the one they printed the Guttenberg Bible on.

My MIL has recently gotten a better computer (still not as good as ours, but better than before). Her printer is old and she has no fax, scan, or digital picture printing capability. So, in that circumstance, would this be a good gift for my MIL?She doesn’t need crystal clear, but the fact that it can do everything is nice and she’ll think I spent more on it than I did, which means I care more for her than I do. :wink: But that’s a woocret (a woot secret).

So - good deal for the 'ol mother in law?
Yes? No?

The ugly?

My Lexmark All in One has USB issues. S L O W to print…always get message “problem communicating with the printer.”

I’m assuming that you cannot use bluetooth with this model?

The good: CHEAP
The bad: It’s a Lexmark.

I loathe Lexmark printers (and their poorly written drivers).

I own this exact printer and it isn’t very good. It prints very slow, like 4 or 5 pages a minute, and the scans and copies it makes are mediocre at best.

$50 is about the printer’s value, so if you are looking for something cheap that doesn’t need to print too great, this may be the one for you.

I purchased a 2 year warranty on this printer when I bought it (almost two years ago), and I am glad that I did it. The printer stopped recognizing that there was paper in the tray about a month ago and it wouldn’t even attempt to print anything anymore because of it. Luckily the warranty people held up their end of the deal and sent me a new one a couple of days ago to replace the old one.

Anyway… mediocre product.

Oh, and the ink is about $25-$30 per cartridge.

I’m now thinking it was the shirt woot birthday party that they had.

Darn you Woot, put a printer up after I buy one … oh well.

What if somebody did ask how? Would you be off to jail?

My guess is he’d be off the the place where everyone wears white jackets. “hehe!!!” indeed.

Hee! Hee! ROTFLMAO! That is too funny! When I quickly read something wrong it cracks me up. Love a good sense of humor!

A number of years ago Lexmark got a patent on ink cartridge printheads designed to self-destruct once ink runs out, to discourage refilling. Don’t know if they implemented this technology, but if they did the cartridges would be useless to refill.

Lexmark also gained some notoriety over a series of printer cartridges with a EULA prohibiting refills. A cartridge remanufacturing association took Lexmark to court over this and lost.

I would never go with a Lexmark! The ink always dries up for some reason. Canon and HP Printers are way better.

He printed baseball pictures from it and some poor sap bought them on ebay.

I swear I read Lexmark X5470 Malfunction Printer

it looks oldschool