LG 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Black

I have this model and draining it sucked. On a really really humid night around 3 AM the bottom water reservoir was full. There is a drain plug which you can unscrew and drain into a bathtub. That involves taking off the window vent from the back of the machine, unplugging it and rolling a stink water laden R2 unit over wood floors and into the bathroom. Then lifting balancing and unscrewing over the bathtub. And since my infant son would wake up at that much noise it’s also known as impossible.

Next morning I bought a hose that fit the drain, Drilled a hole through the window plastic and 3 AM the next night went outside and siphoned it onto my neighbors bushes.

While running it throughout the summer I only had to drain it 4 times and that was on very humid nights. Otherwise I liked it and enjoyed the remote.

I have a similar unit, and I find that it fills up with condensate very quickly. When it fills up, it stops blowing cool air and starts beeping, and the beeping doesn’t stop until you unplug the unit or empty the water. It’s very annoying.

I eventually placed the unit in a plastic tub to collect the water, so it takes slightly longer to fill, but now I have to empty the tub, which is heavy and awkward.

I got a wet/dry shop vacuum to suck out the water from the tub, and I need to do that several times a week. I’d rather have invested my money in a different unit.

will the window kit work on a hoirzontal sliding window?

I purchased this for a 700 sf bedroom on the top floor of a home at 9,000 feet above sea level for the four weeks it gets too hot in the Rockies a year ago.

It worked well. I never noticed the spitting water until this season. I moved the unit two feet away from the window containing the vent hose and that took care of the spitting water. I think it may have something to do with the hot heat venting out of the plastic hose.

The unit seems to be on it’s last legs, so I would say this purchase is for one season only since I anticipate the unit dying before the extreme dry heats settles in a few weeks from now.

Seems like a good candidate for the square trade extended warranty…anybody have experience with that?

Yes. I’ve had mine in a horizontal slip that measures roughly three feet.

[youtube=CKTvvc0svDQ][/youtube]

How can I save the LG
Installation video you posted for later viewing?
Can I email it to myself?
Thanks

It is posted on “You Tube” so viewing at a later time should not be a problem.

Click on the little ‘share’ symbol on the top right (the sideways V) and you’ll get

You can email, snailmail, smoke signal or otherwise send that link to you.

Need, need, NEED one of these. It was close to 90 degrees today.

So let me get this straight - I cannot pay with PayPal??

Sorry for the late reply.

The option to use PayPal has bee suspended since late last year.

Check this thread for further info:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5631704

A/C still hasn’t shipped. It’s hot Woot! Need air conditioner! What’s the hold up?

As stated in the sale when it was live, it will ship in 3-5 business days. We had a holiday so today is the 4th business day. Patience hot grasshopper. Soon the AC will cool you down.

This comes with a regular carrier and not freight? Just realized a typo in my phone number on that order and wonder if it matters.

Due to the heavy weight of the item it’s most likely shipping freight.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please fee free to email into support@woot.com and let them know. They’ll be happy to address any concerns you have about your order and any changed that can be made.

That would have been a great piece of information to put into the item description, don’t you think? Hopefully we’ll find out one way or another tomorrow.

Follow-up question on the shipping estimate - wootstalker claims the item was listed as

Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Jul 02 to Thursday, Jul 03) + transit

Is this a bug in wootstalker or … ?

Okay. Today is the 6th day. Watching for my tracking number.