LG 22” 2ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

I bought this a few weeks ago from Best Buy for either $200 or $250 I cant really remember. My only real complaint is that the base is really flimsy and much lower than normal. You can’t adjust the height on it as far as I know so it sits about 3 inches above the desk.

no APO shipping :cry:

I assume the DVI OR VGA means that it only has one video input. That sucks.

Hm I usually only buy NEW electronics but I need this. Good luck everyone…

Lawl!

heres a better deal
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009094

cancel through the other company quick and purchase it here. Save the $45 bucks + shipping.

or better yet, show them todays deal and that you could have purchased it, and see if they’d give you a further discount.

Wow, I really thought 22" monitors would be dropping in price already. I got my Westinghouse 22" in November of 2006 for $200 new from BestBuy. This deal today is $200 for a refurb. What is holding back the price cuts???

Eh. I think the whole refurbished thing would be a deal breaker in that case.

Show me the fever… into the fire… takin’ it higher and higher!

These are really cool to play WOW!

The exchange rate with Asian countries, I would guess.

10,000:1 Contrast Ratio?! WOW. I thought it was a typo at first but Best Buy and Amazon confirmed it. Most LCDs at this price are only 1000:1 contrast ratio…

Amazon: $299.99
Best Buy: $279.99

Meh, I think you can get a similarly well-reviewed brand new Acer monitor with a full 3 year warranty for the same price or less. Pass.

sell it again in september or october and i’m totally goin for it

The $205 price on this refur is not a big deal. You can find that the everyday price on this refur is usually $210 to $220.
http://3btech.net/bllgw222flpa.html
By the way, LG makes great monitors, but why are there so many refur’s available of this model?

this is a TN film monitor (known for inaccurate colors and very poor viewing angles). Despite this, this is a good monitor despite that fact, seen it in person and its very vibrant and looks great. LG makes the panel themselves, not outsourced, and their panels tend to be the best (Apple uses LG panels, not this particular one, in their cinema displays).

However, for this price there are better deals on new 22" monitors, most notably from Acer. They may not be as good as this though and this isn’t taxed a few states so it may even out.

Acer sucks. We have Acer and Dell monitors at my work- The Acers are crap, and I make sure I’m always on a Dell one…

The specs on this will kick the crap out of any similarly priced LCD- Acer or not!

one of the best comedies evar… Long live Stella!

To answer a few questions from above, YES it does have HDCP support through the DVI output and it does have a VGA output as well for TWO outputs, if that really matters.

BAD WOOT! though. 16.2 m colors is really something to avoid at all costs. Even with most 16.7m color displays using “dithering” effects to fake the extra color, the good ones actually work. Like most of the newer samsungs 226bw and up. Even the LG L226WTY-BF would be hella better than this.

$200 otherwise would not be TOO bad, but for a REFURB, that should just put the final NO to the considerations anyone would be making about buying even a cheap monitor.

For anyone looking for a ~$200 panel, look for a solid 20 incher. You’ll get a much better monitor spec-wise with the money you save from getting a 22 inch (which isn’t bigger enough to value a lesser panel)

Uhh ok…
I bought MY Westinghouse 22" monitor from Best Buy in November of 2006 also, and it cost $550! It must have been on some kind of sale the day you got yours.

It pains me to see how much cheaper 22" monitors are getting- I was the only person I knew who had one for a few months but by now everyone I know has one that was more than half the price of mine. I would buy this monitor if I didn’t already have one!