LG 22" HD 4K Ultra Fine LED Monitor Black

That’s right. I contacted their support just in case I get an answer back this evening :smiley:

This is the response:

Unfortunately this monitor (LG Ultrafine 4K) does not support DP to USB-C signals.

As of now, although several companies are working on updated versions, as far as we are aware no monitor with DP to USB-C support has been VESA approved yet.

So… Moshi isn’t bidirectional…?

This whole thing is a little confusing. That Moshi cable does claim to be bi-directional, which I had actually overlooked when I replied to your post originally. However it is claimed to work bi-directionally even with the higher resolution on the similar, larger 5k display, so I’m going to buy it anyway and give it a shot. If they’re marketing it as such then it’s probably specifically designed to encapsulate the DP signal and send it either way down the cable.

With that in mind, I received this monitor today, and it’s in effectively (if not literally) new condition. I know it’s “only” 21.5" but it’s a very nice panel and if you use it close-up then it’s just fine. I don’t have Apple products, but I did a little research to confirm before buying it and it did sound like it’s simply a DP monitor that requires a USB C connection, and that it would work fine on any OS (albeit maybe with some missing functionality due to the configuration software only being available on MacOS.) Nevertheless, I plugged it into my HP 13 Chromebook, also from Woot (basically one of these,) and it fired right up, while simultaneously charging the laptop (as expected!) I don’t have any other Type C devices sitting next to me to try with the built-in hub but it should work just fine.

ChromeOS only recognizes “standard” UHD/4k (i.e. 3840x2160, quad-FHD) instead of the display’s funky native resolution (4096x2304, which is quad-QWXGA/2048x1152.) That’s not a big deal as I’ve got other systems to try with this monitor, and right now I’ve got the internal display mirrored anyway (and it still looks great.) I’ll try this on Windows soon although it should also work exactly as expected.