LG 22” Widescreen 16:10 2ms LCD Monitor

I would be in for one if it came with the DVI cable.

What is this desktop/wallpaper shown in the picture?
Is this a new version of Windows XP or just a wallpaper ???
Anybody, any idea?

Who needs a monitor? Everybody owns a laptop these days. But I do need a TV in my bedroom. Can I watch TV on this?

regular wallpaper with yahoo widgets on the side

Sure you can watch TV on this…all you need is a tuner card in your comp.

Besides a tuner card, a lot of generic set-top HD boxes can do HDMI out, you’d just need a hdmi-dvi converter. And some speakers, obviously.

This is tempting. I’ve just got a crappy 14" SDTV I’ve been playing 360 games on; this would definitely be more enjoyable. But, maybe I should just wait and grab an HDTV later. Meh, I’ll sleep on it.

Well-regarded by the knowledgeable folks over at arstechnica.com. I don’t have a proper review on hand, but this was their monitor of choice in a recent recommendation of ideal parts to build a “budget gaming” rig out of.

So, take it as you will.

That monitor is junk compared to this one. 700:1 contrast? Bleh.

Spend the extra $20 and grab this if you are in the market for one.

Here’s another, seemingly thorough review:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_l227wt.htm

Dynamic contrast is complete bullcrap. It means that in testing they turned the backlight on the LCD down to the absolute lowest setting before turning it off and then measured the darkest area of the screen and compared it to the brightest bright on a SECOND DISPLAY with the settings brighter on the lamp. Try and find a real (or static) whenever you read about the dynamic. 900-1000:1 would probably be more realistic.

Hanns·G Hi-221DPB Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers at Newegg for $179.99 with free shipping. New!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254035&nm_mc=OTC-B1zrat3&cm_mmc=OTC-B1zrat3-_-Monitors+-+LCD+Flat+Panel-_-Hanns-G-_-24254035

It’s worth reading this excellent review. There are a lot of detailed explanations that help understand why some reviews may be poor. But in the end, it seems that the reviewer thouht this was a good monitor. Then look at the Woot price and judge for yourself.

thesilver wrote:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_l227wt.htm

Hal

Why do people link to the absolute cheapest monitor they can find of comparable size? Something tells me the image and build quality of that monitor won’t be as good as this one’s. You could also link to this monitor on Newegg, which is selling for $330 + $20 shipping. Of course, you’ll be getting a significantly better warranty at Newegg, and quite possibly less chance of stuck pixels.

From looking over a couple reviews, it seems this is a pretty decent monitor, though it might require some major adjustments if you care about color accuracy. I like its sleek glossy design though. It’s not likely a monitor I would buy in its normal price range, but at $200 it might not be a bad deal, so long as you don’t might buying recertified LCD screens.

Why would you buy 10 of these if you did?..Woot only allows you to buy max, 3 of anything

So is this lcd good even as a refurb?

I have a 19" Refurbished LG flatron. It is better than the hp Monitor I got with my PC. way better!!

Not a terrible monitor, just a terrible price. Just last week I picked up one of LG’s newest models the W2241T from "Worst"Buy for only $20 more than this re-furb’ed. It has a 3-year Warranty and a few extra features. For shame when Woot can get beaten by "Worst"Buy. $139-149 is where this should be at. Granted the now "Worst"Buy price of my new monitor is back up to $319 instead of $219, but $199 seems way to high for this one considered what you can pick up if you watch for sales.

BTW: I like my new LG, waiting on some professional reviews to get some good color settings for it. This thing just debuted back in June at an Asian trade show.

I also have a 19" LG Flatron. Compared to my husbands Acer, the color just blows it away. No matter how we mess with the color controls the LG colors are just way more vivid and sharp. I’ve been super happy with my LG. I really want this 22" but I’m skeered of buying a furby. =\

i’d so be in for 2 if APO shipping was an option :confused:

BUT! LG is a korean company, perhaps i will find it for just as cheap here.