LG 28" 720p LED HDTV

Vizio recently had their 27" 1080p Razor LED HDTV (with apps) on sale for $179…I bought two and are using them for PC monitors…They are great…

Time to check out the product page and pretty good reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) over at amazon

Can i plug a 1TB Hard drive into the tv? Does it support diff formarts? Also do you deliver in South Africa and if something goes wrong, where do i take the tv to be fixed? Thanks

Not a great deal. LG’s warranty service exhibits a high degree of negative pressure.

This comes with a one-year warranty, but good luck getting it out of LG. I’ve stopped buying LG because of several denied warranty claims. Usually their dodge is, “You didn’t purchase from an LG Authorized reseller.” (Like I’m supposed to know.)

Be aware of this LG policy. If I were going to buy this, it’s an automatic SquareTrade buy, too.

For that price… I’d go for the 1080p instead.

But still a good deal

I’m sorry but the only woot site that ships outside the USA is shirt.woot.

Check out some reviews from Best Buy

Top Coupon
Woot CouponUnique Coupon for $10 off $25 at Woot
Store: Amazon Local
Price: Free
Lowest by: $10
Expires: 21 at 3 am ET
Do You Need It?: If the low prices at Woot wern’t quite low enough to tempt you into making a purchase, then this Amazon Local coupon will cut an additional $10 off all orders over $25. That ties our March mention and remains the best dollar-off coupon we’ve ever seen for Woot, yielding many all-time lows at the store. (Note that a credit card is required to complete the transaction, but you won’t be charged. The coupon will be added to the “My Vouchers” page of your Amazon Local account. Limit one per customer.)
http://local.amazon.com/national/B00MER1R2W

If your only need is a TV… perhaps.

But don’t expect to use this as a dual-purpose PC monitor since it is not full HD. (1080P vs 720P)

1366 x 768 resolution does not cut it for a large PC monitor. (Or any size PC monitor for that matter these days.)

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the… what do you call it? Flavor text? Flavor story? You know, the “LED vs Lead” bit on the side.

But seriously, appreciate it.