LG 32GN600 31" UltraGear Gaming Monitor

LG 32GN600 31" UltraGear Gaming Monitor

This is one of the first real bargains I’ve sen on woot since the Amazon acquisition, and it’s making me seriously question my policy against buying refurbished monitors.

3 Likes

Personal anecdote and warning:

Though I have not used this monitor in particular, I’ve tried 32" VA panel monitors, and did not like it.

This monitor uses a VA panel and this technology has slight image color degradation when viewed at large horizontal angle, unlike IPS panels. I don’t have this particular monitor, but tried a similarly sized VA panel monitor. Due to the size of the panel and the distance of your head from it, each of your eyes has a different angle to the far edge of the screen where it can see the shimmer of the VA viewing angle degradation. This is not particularly noticeable when both eyes are staring straight at the edges, but for me, when moving my head around, one eye would see the viewing angle degradation while the other does not. I tried to ignore this effect, but it quickly drove me crazy. Large curved monitors alleviate this effect somewhat, and perhaps some people are more susceptible than others.

I ended up swapping the VA panel monitor out for IPS panel from same manufacturer, this one in particular: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32gp850-b-gaming-monitor

I would suggest that you try out large non-curved, non-IPS panel monitors in person.

2 Likes

I tend to agree.
We got the Costco equivalent of this monitor (or very similar). It might be good for gaming, as colors typically change rapidly in a game and you will not notice anything being “off”. But for a work monitor, whereas, let’s say, a spreadsheet is pretty color consistent through out, you will start noticing colors being “off”. Hard to describe what exactly “off” means, as everyone’s eyes are different. Of course YMMV. Especially, if you have an existing IPS monitor right next to it, which we do and probably what bias us. In the end we returned it and got the IPS equivalent.

1 Like

I also bought the Costco version for $199 while on sale a few weeks back. Very happy with it playing FPS and other games. No issues to report.

1 Like

Although it doesn’t apply to this one, I bought a Samsung 4k monitor some years ago on Woot. It’s still working perfectly.

1 Like

Safe to assume this is a grade B refurbish?

Hi there. Vendor states they are Grade A Refurbished.

1 Like