LG 42" 1080p LED HDTV

Has anyone seen the cover of Cnet?

IHAF NONEIDEZ WHUTURSTIALKNS AAABOOOTS

I will 100% agree with that article about not buying refurbished hard drives - DO NOT DO IT. I don’t buy printers so I can’t provide much feedback on that.

The writers reason for not buying a refurbished TV is based off of two purchases and his reasons are stupid. I’m okay with saving a couple hundred bucks for something “packaged by monkeys”.

This TV gets horrible reviews and they are mostly all the same thing: the circuit board malfunctioning or something. From what I have read these things went bad relatively quickly and were fixed by a technician while under warranty. I’m sure a bunch were sent back and replaced with new ones.

I’m hoping most of these televisions are issue-fixed leftover inventory no one wanted to buy due to terrible reviews. Or they are gently used and fixed ones that will work perfect for many years of enjoyment.

I bought one and am 97% confident it is going to be AWESOME!

Actually, Sony had (has?) an OLED TV…11"…$2500.

IF I were in the market for a TV, I would go to sellout.woot and spend the extra $30 to get the Vizio 47" from moofi. I worked at Radioshack for a year and a half and got nothing but good feedback about Vizio from customers and in my own experience. I would take something LG put out before something Samsung did any day but if your getting a better brand and 5 more inches and saving a lot of hassle farther down the line, the Vizio is a no brainer in my book.

Great post. Just wanted to point out for anyone looking at this that the older style lamps are actually “CCFL”.

And have a time machine.

I’d presume the packaging simians weren’t trained enough…

OT question: When looking at stuff you bought is it possible to look/print more than 10 at a time?

doubt it. it probably was a 60hz and didn’t use led

I just ordered one, my first ever HDTV. (Slow adopter here…)

Quite bummed about sales tax now for Pennsylvania, and the TAXSUCKS code didn’t work. For this reason alone, I wish that woot wasn’t owned by Amazon, since otherwise I’d have $24 extra dollars in my pocket.

anyone get shipping info yet? Or do Woot normally take a while to get them shipped out?

It is usually a couple days from the sale when the shipping occurs and the Shipping Status is updated.
(Unless you ordered One-Day Shipping, if offered)

Please check back soon to see the status of your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

thanks woot!!

Any updates on shipping yet? Also, who will you be using to ship these TV’s out? UPS, FedEx?

Any updates on shipping?

Ok its been a few days now, can we get some kind of update please. Or I will cancel my order.

They shipped out yesterday. As soon as we upload the tracking info, you’ll get an email for tracking. That’ll probably later today.

In the meantime, you can use FedEx’s “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your receipt which you can get via Your Account. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

Thanks ThunderThighs. It shows its on the way.

Just recieved my TV…was a little worried because my box was all banged up… to my relief it’s working fine (for now)