LG 55" or 65" OLED 4K 120 HZ TVs

This comes with a 90-day Woot Warranty. You can purchase a separate Square Trade protection if you would like.

Abe’s of Maine has been flagged as a scam site. They advertise TVs for way too cheap. When you try to actually buy the TV they switch you to another, lower quality, for a much higher price. They tell you the one you are trying to buy is out of stock, or it is the lower quality grey market one, or some other BS.
Westpark Electronics LLC (Abes of Maine) BBB “F” Rating

I’ll bite, since I just got my 65C7P delivered about 10 days ago. Paid $2100 shipped for it, price protection of $500 brought my total cost to $1600. PP reimbursement took 5 days.

Use the Greentoe app, research the prices from authorized dealers, and you can get these for far cheaper than advertised prices. I probably left a little money on the table too, but feel that $1600 was well worth it for this tv. I could have saved more going with the B model but the C suits my setup better.

No question about it front projectors are no match for OLED screens, but if you really want to go big, 110" - 120" rather than sit there and count pixels, it’s hard to beat a front projector for its value. You buy a good projector and the appropriate screen and they’re pretty darn immersive.

Some of you need to get away from Best Buy and do some research. I know nothing about this 4K-UHD Optoma, just grabbed a link from Google as an example.

I looked at BBB ratings of the site I posted it was terrible. I removed the link not sure if I can remove this comment altogether?

That’s an outright falsehood. I had a nice 1,700 projector for about 4 months but when LG put these on clearance last year before the newer model came out i picked up the 65" it’s like night and day. that projector that i thought was pretty good, looks like crap compared to this screen. it’s crazy how clear this picture is, how dark the blacks get. watching things on a non-oled screen is weird now, because there is so much light coming off the screen in dark movie scenes.

Literally it’s night and day. Size isn’t everything.

These are amazing TV’s. OLED has practically unlimited viewing angle and makes for an amazing TV.

CR has these on their list at number 6 and 7 respectively. But their rating system makes for a lot of ties, so actually, you can count these two models as number 2 and 3. With number 1 being the LG OLED65W7P. Their tested price for the 55 is $2000 and $2650 for the 65. With some work, you can probably find a different deal. But you certainly won’t get ripped off with this one.

Can’t comment on the refurb quality, but I picked up an open box 55" at BB for $1200. It is incredibly impressive. I even have a polycarbonate screen protector in front (and a chaos-prone toddler) and it still looks magnificent.

Some good reading. Looks like a fine TV aside from the image retention.

BTW, there’s no such thing as 4K 120 Hz media. There’s not even a standard for it yet. I would love someone’s unbiased opinion on whether 1080P at 120 Hz looks better than 4K at 60 Hz at normal viewing distances…like say 8ft away. This TV should be able to do both.

I read Woot’s return policy, but the following is yet not clear to me and I wonder if anyone here has had any related experience:

• If the TV arrives defective and I report it to CS withing 30 days, would I need to pay for shipping it back or would Woot pay for the shipping?

No, you would not.

ebuyUsa.com advertises the LG OLED65C7P 701/702 for around $1,700 new. No sales tax (except I think for NY) and free shipping.

Watch slickdeals for prices in the $2k range from reputable sites and also for price protection options.

NBC on Xfinity x1 platform has 4K/hdr/atmos Olympic content. The opening ceremonies were just like being in the arena.

who refurbished these units? LG? Some dude?

They’re refurbished by a 3rd party company.

I was just looking at buying one of these. Let me tell you, the picture is the best I’ve ever seen. But they are prone to burn-in (not just image retention). You may not have the issue if you only watch movies and don’t play video games or watch TV news channels with long running static images, but that won’t necessarily save you. At the Best Buy I was looking at them, one of them that was playing a 4k demo reel that was decently long had a large green spot of burn-in. In the end I went with a Sony X900E because I’m a heavy gamer.

do you know who specifically?

No offense but how do I know this is legit? Granted it says you’ve been a wooter for 10 years. I’m just amazed you got a 65" c7 for $1600. Was it a refurb also?

I did try the site I made an offer for 1900 and received a counter offer for 1999 which includes shipping and tax. They don’t tell you the retailer until you accept the deal. Trying to decide on this which Amazon owns or the unnamed retailer.

Thank you!