LG 55" OLED 4K 120 HZ TV

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

LG 55" OLED 4K 120 HZ TV
Price: $1049.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Jul 04 to Thursday, Jul 05) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](LG 55" OLED 4K 120 HZ TV) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=LG 55" OLED 4K 120 HZ TV) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](LG - Google Shopping 55" OLED 4K 120 HZ TV)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/20/2018 - $1,099.99 - [url=]Click To See Discussion (42 comments)

“The B7P (OLED55B7P, OLED65B7P) is a warehouse exclusive model in the USA and is also available in Canada but we expect its performance to be identical. One difference is that the B7P can play Dolby Atmos using its own speakers because it has a 2.2 speaker setup, while the B7A can’t play Atmos with its own speakers because it only has a 2.0 setup. The B7A can still passthrough Atmos to an external receiver though.”

So this is a comparable TV to the B7/B7A OLED tested by RTINGS here. LG B7/B7A OLED Review (OLED55B7A, OLED65B7A) - RTINGS.com

Noteworthy:

Permanent Burn-In Risk Show Help
: Yes
OLED panels such as the B7 do have the possibility of experiencing burn in. You can see our investigation into this here. Real-Life OLED Burn-In Test On 6 TVs - RTINGS.com

The LG B7A is bad at showing low frame rate content without stutter. The frame transition occurs almost instantaneously which can be quite jarring, as the image is static for about 40ms each frame of a movie. This is especially noticeable with wide panning shots. The only way to reduce this stutter is to increase the frame rate of the content through motion interpolation.

The LG B7 has a native 120Hz panel, but doesn’t support any variable refresh rate features such as FreeSync and G-Sync.

Input lag 4k @ 60Hz + HDR : 21.5 ms

Overall if you’re looking for a 4k gaming TV, get the TLC 6 Series in 55 inch or 65 inch as it has lower input lag, no burn in risk and is a lot cheaper brand new than even this refurbished LG. 120Hz panel is useless for 4k gaming, so you’d be throwing money away.

If you’re not going to game and only want a movie TV, this is a good option.

Price wise, this should be lower. This is not a top performer and a $1k+ price tag for a refurbished older model is not a great deal. The B7A can be found for $1000 brand new on ebay and the B7P can be found for $1200 brand new.

Also worth noting is that the 65" Samsung UN65MU9000 4K UHD HDR Smart LED HDTV is on sale for $1049 with free shipping brand new

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/electronic-express/product/UN65MU9000/ apply coupon code EE150

Here is a side by side stat sheet comparison. Samsung MU9000 vs LG B7/B7A OLED Side-by-Side TV Comparison - RTINGS.com

I always suggest checking SlickDeals before purchasing any TV as there are plenty of great deals found there https://slickdeals.net/tv-deals/

I’ve been working with AV equipment for well over a decade now, and have the LG OLED 65E6P, which is a generation older, and a step up (still flat, although that generation had a curved model, but with an integrated sound bar)… Here’s my brief take on the previous comment, without any intent to offend:

Burn-In - Yes, OLED can experience burn-in. It’s a fact. It’s not super likely, even with gaming a few hours each day, or watching the news each night, but it does have the possibility to retain images. This is generally more likely and noticeable with large colour blocks, which will cause significant variance in uniformity in backgrounds. Usually it’s a detractor from naysayers more than an actual life issue. Out of the couple dozen panels I’ve serviced and calibrated, I’ve only seen one with this issue, and it was from repeating test and demo screens too much - not from normal usage.

Frame rate and motion handling - This panel is EXTREMELY fast, and therefore shows you just how slow 24 frames-per-second (normal Hollywood film speed since almost 100 years ago) truly goes. It will not exhibit motion blur like LCD/LED panels. And yes, it does generally do better with some minor smoothing applied (soap opera effect, if you will). This isn’t a fault of the TV, but rather a TV that is showing you just how weak certain standards are in a modern age where 60fps is the target for many games, or even sports broadcasting, where possible. Motion is actually one of the stronger suits for this particular generation and model, ranging at the 600+ lines of vertical resolution, which is par for a panel with a native 120Hz refresh.

Input lag + Adaptive Sync/Variable Refresh - This generation of LG’s OLED offerings fixed many things from my generation model, including lag. 21ms is excellent, and on par with almost all the best TVs. My generation was more in the 50-60ms lag time, which stinks. Anything under about 30 is usually fine, though <15.6 is the ideal. Essentially, if you’re concerned beyond that, you should be in the market for a PC gaming monitor, which, if equipped with G-Sync, could get you down to about 4-10ms in total lag. As to adaptive refresh, it’s a bleeding edge feature for TVs, only a few Xbox One X titles support it, and even fewer TV models have the hardware for it yet. ZERO TVs on the market support G-Sync yet, and again, only a couple kind of support FreeSync, and only for Xbox One X, and only for a few games. Not a thing for TVs yet.

All in all, this is a decent gaming TV, even for those who want to frag on Fortnite, or play slower paced games.

Compared models - TCL (not TLC) made a very decent Roku-based model this year in the 6 series. I was watching one of those just two days ago, looking at its picture performance as an audition for a client’s office space. It has full-array backlighting, which is the best way to get a decent real contrast situation for LCD panels, but the set is really hampered by a native 60Hz panel, which means REALLY slow motion handling. It has the bare minimum of 300 lines of resolution in motion, which is NOT GOOD. It will blur if you do not engage full soap opera effect, AND a black-frame-insertion option, which greatly increases motion clarity, but cuts light output, and worse - introduces strobing, which feels much like the juddery feeling from the battery-powered 3D glasses of old. The Samsung mentioned is a better choice for motion, colour, and clarity, but lacks the full-array dimming, so its contrast and HDR take a pretty savage hit, even compared to the cheap TCL. If you want Samsung’s equivalent feature-set, you need to be looking at their Q8 or higher series from this year to get full-array local dimming, and the better application of quantum dots for colour gamut coverage. And those models will run closer to $2K, unfortunately.

If I were to recommend a similarly priced alternative today, I’d look at this year’s Vizio P Series (models: 55P-Fx, 65P-Fx), which will sit near the $1K mark, have good local dimming, good colour, excellent motion, and generally give you excellent bang for the buck. Their only drawback would be that Vizio has the dumbest of the Smart TV brains, so plan on using a Roku, AppleTV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, gaming console, or whatever else for your streaming.

Audio - As to the Atmos processing… Makes almost no difference with the basic TV speakers. Even the current sound bar from Vizio (SB361-xx - Someone else can correct this is they’d like, since I’m not usually a huge advocate for these) for ~$130 on Amazon will blow any of the basic TV speakers out of the water. And if you really want Atmos (or DTS:X) processing, you should be using a full AV Receiver rather than the TV speakers or a sound bar anyhow… That point really becomes moot for any audio track that features anything other than dialogue. Upgrade to a sound bar at least, or go big.

Conclusion - If you want a new TV, that Vizio is pretty great for the money. However, you want the best HDR experience, and can live with a refurb (I’d also likely recommend a SquareTrade warranty if you can), this was/is an excellent television. No LCD panel can currently match it for native pixel response, Or for general quickness. No LCD will EVER match it for perfect blacks (instead of somewhat muddied greys) due to the emissive-vs-transmissive nature of the display tech, even if newer LCDs can sear your eyes out by getting stupidly bright. But, most LCDs don’t cost as much, with very few exceptions from our silly friends at Samsung and Sony. This refurbished deal may get you a lemon, or a sweet, sweet deal, because when this TV is working well, there are few, other than its LG OLED siblings, that can match it!

Happy hunting, and good luck!

The first post is a negative Nancy. I have owned a LG OLED 4k for over a year and have experienced no burn in. I use mine for a TV (frequently watching news), a computer monitor and for gaming. The display is incredible. It seems like the only people complaining about burn in are the people who don’t own an OLED TV.

I have had mine 65LGB7A for about a year no isues… The TV is the most beautiful looking image on a TV I have ever seen whether 4k or 1080p … Buy this one you wont regret it…

Wow, what a super informative post. You don’t even mention the model of LG OLED that you own nor do you bother to even attempt to contradict that provided stress test links that are focused around LG OLED tvs. RTINGS is one of the most highly regarded scientific testing websites for displays. They provide factual data, not opinionated dribble such as “it works for me, so you’re wrong”.

If you have news like CNN or FOX on your TV for 4+ hours a day with an LG OLED, you run the highest risk of getting image retention compared to any other display on the market. This isn’t an opinion, it is a fact. Additionally gaming on the TV with a game like Fortnite will cause image retention in areas that do not change often such as the boxes around your item inventory, health bars, player portraits, player names, etc. There are plenty of better options for 4k gaming displays.

Nothing I stated in my post was opinion based. I provided highly regarded citation for everything I stated and offered comprehensive comparisons. You’re simply a typical “it works for me, so you’re wrong” poster. You also don’t even touch the fact that this price is far from a deal on a refurbished model of this brand given the fact that there are comparable price points for brand new versions of the TV. Come back when you have something of value to add.

I could sit here and list all the OLED displays I’ve owned from the XEL-1 to simple displays such as OLED boards on paintball markers, but I am sure based on your post you’re far more of an expert of displays than myself. /s

OLED EF9500 65 inch 2015 model, never, ever had burn in. And yes I know what it looks like and causes.

End of story as far as Im concerned.

Then buy three.

[QUOTE=stv6669, post:3, topic:748356]
“The B7P (OLED55B7P, OLED65B7P) is a warehouse exclusive model in the USA and is also available in Canada but we expect its performance to be identical. One difference is that the B7P can play Dolby Atmos using its own speakers because it has a 2.2 speaker setup, while the B7A can’t play Atmos with its own speakers because it only has a 2.0 setup. The B7A can still passthrough Atmos to an external receiver though.”

Thanks for posting …Fantastic info

Hi there,

Thank you for the informative post. I have been eyeing the 2017 LG 55 inch TVs and have not noticed any prices on eBay similar to what you posted. Could you kindly reference a better price for a new screen?

Somwthing about a refurb freaks me out…

I think it’s fair to say that most people who are specifically going for an OLED television already knows the potential pitfalls. They aren’t going to be shocked by your “information” and likely have already researched OLED displays.

If only this was 65", it would be in my cart right now.

My thoughts exactly.

Wow, one guy who has never experienced burn-in. That’s one hell of a sample size. :roll_eyes:

65B7A owner here. No burn in either. I play a game with status bars on it for a couple hours most days, no issues - but I have a relatively light use case, admittedly.

If your main goal is to watch talking heads for 12 hours a day, I’d go with an LCD panel so you don’t have CNN stuck on the bottom - then again, you don’t need OLED perfect blacks to watch the news, either. A side benefit is you’d likely save a crap ton of money, too.

Get this for for movies and jaw dropping color/contrast. Get something else for the news/status boards etc.

Great post! We own an LG 65E7P and have for about 1 year. It is fantastic and we have had zero issues with it. Take negative Nancy with a grain of salt.

I am not sure that I would buy a refurbished OLED, but the price is pretty good. I gave $3499 for our 65" set.

If this is not a ‘Quality Post’, I don’t know what is.

Walmart.com had this same TV last month for $100 less

A more general comment: I wish TV’s wouldn’t try to do everything. Or at least I wish manufacturers would recognize there’s a market for parallel “monitor” versions that strip out the audio and “smart” functions and any cost, weight, and power consumption associated with them. Like many I have an A/V receiver and speakers so will never use any audio features of a TV. I also have a “TV-PC” that lives in my entertainment center. No smart TV will ever be as smart as that, so those features will always be a wasted on me. But I still have to pay for them because almost no TV’s come without them.

Anywho… that’s my daily gripe. Hope you enjoyed it.