LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV

Concerns about the delivery state means I am not going to consider this deal. I want a major purchase to at least be treated as a major purchase by the seller/transit companies.

I agree with this statement fully. I just received my TV from the last LG deal… Shipping was a disaster and took forever… plus the packaging was “scary” to say the least. I was blessed enough to get a TV with no cosmetic damage and in good condition… It is an amazing TV but the customer service and shipping was slow and inadequate. But the product is exceptional. Patience is definitely a virtue here when ordering this big purchase

I have:

1. Cable box
  2. Blu-Ray
  3. XBox 360
  4. Apple TV (better for Netflix streaming than the XBox, and is jailbroken with XBMC installed to play files from my PC)

Of course, I have only three HDMI ports too (on this), so I’m stuck swapping the Apple TV and XBox in and out of the side port… :confused:

Most discount electronics sites carry a three into one hdmi switch for ten to fifteen bucks. They even come with a remote so you don’t have to get off the couch…

Or, better yet, if you need more high-quality HDMI inputs than the TV or your receiver can provide, these devices from Monoprice are fantastic.

Found some reviews (For the record, $899.99 tonight): mostly good, glare may be problem
From England:
http://shopping.reevoo.com/p/lg-60pv250k
From Dell:
http://reviews.dell.com/2341n/A5364064/lg-lg-60-inch-60pv250-1080p-plasma-hdtv-reviews/reviews.htm
1 from CNET–customer:
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/lg-60pv250/4852-6482_7-35072812.html
One from TigerDirect:

Good night.

You definitely should look for a TV with at least 4 HDMI In ports and an HDMI Out port, even if you use a surround receiver. Reason being, you can connect the devices to the TV and run the HDMI out to the receiver. That way you don’t HAVE to have your receiver on to watch TV. I don’t particularly need surround to watch news and don’t need it on when others are in bed in the house. It saves electric that way.

I dont know about this deal as you can get the newer LG 60PA6500 plasma for around $1000 .

Well, DUH. What do you think WOOT sells? This is a quality site that dumps leftovers from a few years ago. If you’re surprised you’re in the wrong place.

Umm…HDMI Switch…hellooo???

I used to do that, but then the remote programming is way too complex. For instance, if you’re watching TV without the receiver, and they you turn the receiver on using a programmable remote, now you have volume on the TV and on the speakers, but the remote volume button is programmed to control the receiver’s volume, not the TV’s. After many issues like this, I gave up and just run everything through a receiver.

Is this energy star compliant ?

I kind of have to agree, but it’s also like a train wreck… or better yet tthe home run derby. It’s really embarrassing how loud they are and the people talking are way too excited about what’s going on.

Gigundo lights a little over 9:30.

The video did capture some my background attention and it had some pretty good moments. 16:00 explaining his movie experience.
>High D Movie. (oh my!)
>Download movies galore with net flicks.
>download movies a couple weeks after they come out.

It is mind numbing though.

I hear that
Crappy deal cheaper at
http://arccoon.com/products.php?product=LG-60PV250-60"-1080p-Plasma-TV-%252d-16%3A9-%252d-HDTV-1080p-%252d-600-Hz-%252d-PAL%2C-SECAM-%252d-1920-x-1080-%252d-Surround-Sound%2C-Dolby-Digital-%252d-3-x-HDMI-%252d-USB

This was brandthe new and $100 less 8 months ago at Amazon and Target.com

Come on Woot! You can do better than this!

I have to agree, this is no deal. Its not woottastic, not a low low priced item consistent with woot is all about… or WAS all about.

I was about to hit the button since I need a tv… but the feelings of rejection stemming from an inconsistent sales model and fears that wootitcentral will put me ‘in line’ again only to later forget a ‘line’ ever existed and start over selling more of them they found under the couch after earlier in the day closing the deal…Nope

Course, after reading the horrors of those who actually got the tv’s, I guess my angel was looking out for me.

Anytime I have had a problem woot has been fast to fix it. If I were in the market for a TV I’d rather spend the extra 25 dollars and get it from a reputable seller with 5-star service than Some fly by night, Johnny come lately who has barely been around for 3 months.

I have to know would you really rather buy the deal from a site with no reputation for a 25 dollar savings?

I do agree, not a grand slam deal, but it’s still pretty decent.

I have a similar model to this that is about 2 years old and THX certified. Plasma offers a better picture as long as the room is not very bright (home theater room). Here is something that will help you understand the comparisons:

Plasma TVs have a 600hz refresh rate. This explains the refresh rate compared to LCD/LED backlit

I still think that in a home theater plasma is the way to go. In a brighter room - like a living room LED backlit LCD would be a better choice. If you are into the whole energy consumption LED/LCD win, disposal hazard- kind of a wash. The Plasma may contain more lead (manufacturers are getting better now),LCD panels have more mercury.

Great information. Highly recommend reading this post prior to purchasing this, or any other expensive and bulky product.

I prefer to hook the HDMI direct to the TV and use the optical out from the TV to the receiver. I understand the limitations of optical out concerning the inability to do Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HS Master Audio, but I prefer to have the video signal go direct to the TV HDMI.