LG 65" OLED 4K 120 HZ TV

In certain circumstances, OLEDs can be susceptible to burn-in. This is typically only an issue when there’s a static element on screen for hours on end - so, for example, if you were buying TVs for a restaurant or bar where you’d have an ESPN or news site crawl on the bottom of the page for 12+ hours a day, or if you’re a really hardcore gamer who will have static elements (a HUD or logo or whatever) for multiple hours… then you might get burn-in on your OLED.

For the vast majority of users and the vast majority of usage, burn-in is not a concern.

Interesting… I had a plasma telly when it was new and sparkly (the wife bought it for my birthday back in like 2003). She is one for ‘falling sleep while the telly plays CNN all night’ and it developed quite a bad burn-in on it.

Skip forward 10 years and we got an LCD. No burn-in. We might be a wee bit more cognizant of it happening, but not by much…

If OLED’s also susceptible (I didn’t think LCD’s were?) then I’d be shy of buying one…

I have an 11 year old Panasonic 42 inch Plasma and an 8 year old 54 inch Panasonic Plasma TV. Neither of them show any signs of burn-in. They both still have excellent pictures and I see no signs of degradation in picture quality. I think the whole “burn-in” effect is way over stated. I agree with others that if you abuse them, you will get abused back. I will be replacing my Plasma’s with OLED eventually - but I just can’t justify the cost when my current Plasma’s still have such great picture quality.

Your plasmas are incredibly power hungry. I just “upgraded” from a 42" Panasonic plasma that used 480 watts to a 49" LED Samsung that draws 45. It should pay for itself in about…

MOMMY please buy this for me

Who refurbed this, LG?

by Xmas these will be like $500

You leave a static image on an LCD tv long enough and it’ll burn in too. I’ve seen it at my work the instrument’s software is left on a static screen and after a few years it’ll burn the image into the LCD.

The LG B7 does very bad in image retention tests. Rtings.com went into a lot of depth of the stress tests they performed.

“As mention on for the C7, if you find out that your TV has some image retention after playing video games for a long time or after having watched a news channel with a static logo, there is a function in the ‘Picture settings’ page, under ‘OLED Panel Settings’ named ‘Pixel Refresher’ that will ‘recalibrate’ the screen to get rid of any imprinted images that may still visible. This procedure lasts around one hour, and the TV needs to be shut off for it to work. This can usually take care of any image retention if watching normal content (without static image) did not make it go away.”

As for image burn in - https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test <- This is an extensive 7 month test of permanent burn in on an LG C7. It includes weekly pictures of exactly what the burn in looks like with all background colors for 28 weeks straight.

I don’t recommend this LG line up for gaming. For starters image retention is an issue, it always has been for OLED. You can get a TCL 6 series 55" TV which performs equally as well for gaming (actually shaves a few milliseconds off input delay) and will cost half the price of this refurbished for brand new.

120 Hertz, big fail.

I prefer plasma at 600 Hertz.