LG 8K LP0815WNR Portable AC

I don’t know where these ratings on woot come from. This model on Amazon shows 3.0 stars. https://www.amazon.com/LG-LP0815WNR-Portable-Conditioner-Dehumidifier/dp/B0115XSHPA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529471824&sr=8-1&keywords=LP0815WNR&dpID=51MoV4Bc7oL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

We have one of these in my son’s bedroom, and for the last three years it’s been working great. I’m going to pick one of these up for my home office to make it a bearable place to work :slight_smile:

It’s probably from this listing: https://smile.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-LP0814WNR-115-volt-Conditioner/dp/B00JIURCTA/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1529620008&sr=1-3&keywords=LP0815WNR

That seems to be for the slightly older version (814 vs 815 in the model number).

The item is also on Amazon here: https://smile.amazon.com/LG-LP1015WNR-Portable-Conditioner-Control/dp/B00ZUX6FX8/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1529620008&sr=1-1&keywords=LP0815WNR

The first link is an older product and the second a newer product. Only the 3.0 score with 17 reviews from the original post is the actual model.

i’m trying to order one of these but even though i signed in with prime, it still shows a $5 ship charge…now what do i do

I have had 2 of these the past 6 years and living in the south with the heat and humidity these work better than any window unit I was crazy enough to purchase. They are quiet and don’t leak like window units do.

The only down side I have is with the exhaust but not worth complaining. This is a awesome price as I spent over 250.00 for mine.

i want to buy this its possible to ship india

I’m sorry, only shirt.woot ships internationally.

What is the issue you have with the exhaust? Or do you just not like the fact that it has one? Unfortunately, all A/C requires an exhaust to work, so it is unavoidable.

Do you plug this into a regular outlet?

Does any1 have thoughts as to using this in a small car? Thinking u could run an investor, use plexiglass and vent thru rear side window… But not sure at 880 watts if alternator/battery would handle it. Could b cheap fix for student with big hat but no cattle

Invertor not investor

That would be almost 75 amps. No existing circuit in the car can support that but you could run some heavy gauge wire directly to the battery and connect a high power inverter but you would likely have to increase to battery capacity as well as get a higher power alternator.

OK, so I got this yesterday. It’s not the model in the description. I’m not complaining because it appears to be a better one. I got the LP0817WSR instead of the one listed. I think it might be newer but at the very least it is a better looking machine with slightly better reviews. It works great but as the reviews say, it is a tad noisy for a bedroom.

just got mine and the cord head is smushed, ground pin broken off, 2 male prongs bent over. we’ll see how this works out thru customer service, but will be a hassle to repackage due to weight, box held together with straps. sigh, my 2nd straight woot refurb that is simply broken and reboxed. the other was a dyson portable vac last year.

woot comes thru fast and polite. offered a partial refund to replace (in this case repair) the broken outlet head. also offered to pickup, but the repackaging was too much a hassle, and i would like to have the AC.

thanks woot