LG G Pad 7.0 16GB Unlocked 4G Tablet

I read somewhere from reddit about a guy doing that(not the same tablet). He didn’t recommend powering it on and off because of boot times. He just puts it to sleep and let it charge when the car is on.

Seeing these new on Amazon for $20-$25 more.

I tried to find these on eBay too, could not. What did you use as a search phrase? If you could post the title of the offering that would make it easier to find.

Does anybody know if you use this wi-fi only (don’t use a carrier for the LTE, just shut the radio off) if you can still get OTA updates?

I got one of these unlocked from Amazon (missed it the last time it was on woot). Mine is branded AT&T and has the AT&T crapware loaded on it. Anyway, I use mine on T-Mobile with LTE. You have to manually set the APN to get it to work. Not hard to do. Just pull the info off of your Nexus 7 and you should be good to go.

Extensive review and Q & A was on slickdeals.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7615100-16gb-lg-7-g-pad-v410-at-t-lte-gsm-unlocked-wifi-tablet-90-free-shipping?

Same LG Gpad 7.0 but only “New” was on sale on eBay for the same price $89.99 + free shipping couple months ago.

It was a hot deal, some people even brought 5 of it. Total sale close to 20,000 units for the seller. Woo!

I have been using my LG Gpad for about a month now and love it. I have it rooted and get rid of all the AT&T bloatware, and reactivate the tethering function.

Somehow AT&T has intentionally changed the framework built of this tablet in order to hide the native tethering menu. So you either paid AT&T for the data plan or root your device to have the tethering function back.

I am now on Harbor Mobile(T-Mobile reseller not MVNO) 5GB/$15/mo. tablet/hotspot plan which works great on this tablet.

All in all the LG Gpad 7.0 is a very good tablet for daily use. I recommended it.

P.S. If you are interested in rooting and activate tethering function on your LG G pad, please see my post on slickdeals.

Bought one of these for my wife, from a deal on Ebay, same tablet, maybe the same supplier, same condition.

It works just fine on T-Mobile. It wasn’t as simple as putting the card in and it working though. I had to manually add the T-Mobile APN, it takes no more than a couple of minutes, and once done your tablet should work just fine on T-Mobile band 2 and 4 LTE (I honestly don’t know about HSPA+, as those bands are so bad in this area that it just doesn’t matter).

Carrier: Red Pocket GSMT Data Only
Plan: $5.00 / mo for 512mb @ 4G LTE

Note, the Red Pocket GSMT is T-Mobile, GSM, and the plan is 4G LTE. I have confirmed that this works, with an average speedtests.net in my area of dl 17M ul 1.5M.

However, it doesn’t work “out of the box” with a RP GSMT SIM. Instead, you need to set the APN to ‘wholesale’ as per the instructions provided at:
http://help.goredpocket.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/101/0/i-cannot-connect-to-the-internet

Provide a link?

I just bought this tablet for my husband. It still has all that add crap on it… Is it unlocked or not? Im not a computer person. Can I root the tablet and remove the crap? I have a no carrier 10.1 and I love it.