LG Smart Portable Air Conditioner

Note a Jan. 2017 Q&A on Amazon about the smartphone feature of this unit:
“LG recently updated their app and took away their support for this product. They direct you to their new app which as of now [Jan. 2017] has no support to control this unit via wifi. DO NOT BUY this unit if you want this feature.”

Woot page notes “1 year warranty through KMS” but link opens to one page “GCR Defective Product Policy” that indicates a 90-day warranty.

Hey Woot! What’s the warranty?

Uhm, you forgot to read the updated bit at the top of the post. LG fixed it.

Link

Thanks Thunder Thighs! I had no idea that I had skipped the update on the product review. I’m sure there’s a Freudian explanation…

Good to know the smartphone app is working!

Woot, I agree with the above, what’s the deal with the warranty? You say 1 year, the PDF says 90 day. Inquiring minds want to know.

We have asked the vendor and are waiting to hear back.

It would not be cool if the warranty expired before the dog days of summer.

Yeah, the warranty is a deal breaker for me. A 90 day will expire exactly when I’ll need this thing the most.

Your description say: “This convenient air conditioner and heater…” But I have checked multiple other websites and I don’t see anything about this unit having heating capability anywhere else, including LG’s website. Please confirm that this unit does or does not have heating capability.

Per the vendor: this does not work as a heater.

Where in the description are you seeing that info? I’d like to change it to limit confusion.

Ok, we heard back from the vendor. They say:

“The actual manufacturer has the first 90 days of the warranty and then KMS will take on the remaining 275 days of the warranty period. So the warranty sheet is correct and the KMS 1 year is correct.”

They also add:
“To this day, we have only had 2 warranties need to be covered under the 1 year KMS warranty. If anything happens to this product, it will be in the first 90 days 99% of the time.”

Buyer beware. I receive my unit very poorly packed and practically splitting out of the carton. Cosmetically the unit is fine but I am missing the window kit and the drain tube. In addition, the unit is defective, constantly displaying the FL code even though the tank is dry. LG says the unit requires repair. RMA requested and I am confident Woot will make things right.

Oh no! I’m really sorry to hear that your air conditioner arrived in such bad shape! I hope we get it sorted out for you asap.

Has anyone else received a damaged unit? Woot - I’m troubled you do not have a better QA process for your dropshipped merchandice. Are we buying a headache?

shawnrausch wrote:
Buyer beware. I receive my unit very poorly packed and practically splitting out of the carton. Cosmetically the unit is fine but I am missing the window kit and the drain tube. In addition, the unit is defective, constantly displaying the FL code even though the tank is dry. LG says the unit requires repair. RMA requested and I am confident Woot will make things right.

If parts missing how does Woot handle replacements? Return entire product or send missing pieces?

I haven’t heard of any other units arriving damaged, however if that were to become a pattern I assure you we would do something about it.

In answer to your other questions: our return/replacement process will vary from item to item depending on the vendor’s ability to ship individual components and the extent of damage to the item.

Sadly, no matter the precautions we take, sometimes things are damaged in the shipping process. We work hard to make that right when it’s reported to us.

Have you received a damaged item? If so, I urge you to contact customer service. They will be able to help.

DO NOT BUY!!!

I also received a damaged AC unit. Looks like it fell off the back of the truck, they threw the parts in the box and the taped it back up. I’ve been back and forth with customer service and UPS to return it but just been getting the run-around. This is the last time I order anything from Woot!

Woot Staff,

There’s a pattern here.

I’m sorry to say this deal is not for everyone. Like others my unit also arrived poorly packaged and ½ opened (no fault of UPS). However the unit itself was also in less than pleasing condition. I purchase refurb products all the time and I know what to expect. 99.9% of the time it’s a great deal.

Refurb does not mean used, dirty, and or damaged.

1. Delivered partially opened directly from being poorly packaged. (No fault of UPS)
  2. Unit arrived dirty with a grimy film all over it.
  3. Unit smelled bad. It smelled like a dirty wet warehouse.
  4. Both side panels of the unit were buckled (popped out).
  5. No batteries in the remote.
  6. The unit was already registered online with two different accounts. Guess I’m the third owner?
  7. Excessive scratches all over unit.
    Note: Some light scratches are normal for refurbed equipment.

BUT keep in mind I (we) did paid $200 to $300 less than buying a non refurb. The unit cleaned up well (for the most part) and seems to work fine. We will see what happens in July and August. Hope the warranty isn’t an issue.

Little disappointed with woot on this one. Because of this experience I will probably not buy a refurb item from woot in the future.

-Wooter

Oh no! That’s not ok. If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form to report the issue. I’ll reach out to my connections as well and we’ll see if we can get to the bottom of this.