LG Smart Portable Air Conditioner

I just bought this product and I certainly hope that I didn’t make a mistake. This is my first woot purchase and I hope it doesn’t have to be my last.

I too received a defective unit in exceptionally poor packaging. I contacted support and was offered a full refund or $35 to keep it and have it repaired. Depending on the availability service locations and the trouble/cost it will be to have it repaired under the warranty, I may send it back. I should point out, the customer service agent that replied earlier in this thread mentioned there not being a pattern of this problem. I’ve seen enough posts about badly packaged units in this thread that there is now a distinct pattern. Woot, please address this issue.

We’ve halted the sale of this item and we are working with the vendor to figure out what went wrong. You did the right thing to contact customer service.

I too received the air conditioner in a poorly packaged box. The bottom part of the box was half missing and there was just tape holding the entire unit, I kid you not, you could literally see through the bottom of the box. It was packaged so flimsy. The unit was a little dirty and dinged up. The window kit I received is missing the foam seals, so I cant even accurately test it in my window yet. When I contacted woot about the issues they immediately tried to have me contact KMS. I just emailed them and am hoping to get the proper seals to test it. If for some reason the air conditioner does not work, I will need woot to cover return shipping as well as a new box and fully refund my money because I don’t believe the box is shippable as is. I am waiting to hear from kms about the seals, but given the poor experiences of everyone else, I am starting to regret the purchase.

Quick update: the company that they directed me to contact pretty quickly stated that it wasn’t their responsibility for items missing. I am a little leery of dealing with a company like that, especially if there are more issues so I have decided to return the item.

I have contacted Woot customer service for a full refund including the cost or a box to ship the item back in as well as the cost of return shipping.

Mine arrived with a “thud” in front of the house by a contract shipper. Poorly packaged with literally broken up pieces of styrofoam sprinkled in the box for protection. Let the unit sit for 2 days before plugging in. When I did I got the dreaded “Fl” message. …to make this short-- The compressor is mounted on rubber vibration isolators right next to the plastic hinged float switch. Guess what broke ?

This product was an epic fail on Woot’s part. You should do more research on larger and more expensive items before you agree to sell them!

That’s what’s weird. We’ve sold these before and didn’t have issues like this. We’re still working with the vendor.

If you need a part replacement to get things going, email smiller@1kms.com.

If it’s beyond that, contact our CS for a return. Please use the Customer Service form for assistance.

Mine was poorly packed too.

Haven’t opened it yet. Hope everything is included and intact.

Summary: Remote control missing from package.
Like many others my LG air conditioner arrived in a very sad box, leaking styrofoam in all directions.
I am happy to say the unit itself was completely unhurt and works great!
Less so the allegedly included remote control, which had probably exited through one of the many holes in the box.
I do not want money back as I am keeping the unit, having been lucky to get a working one.
I know hope is slim, but I would dearly love to have the remote, as it does some functions not otherwise accessible.