LG V10/V20 64GB (VZN/GSM)(S&D)

V20 not listed, does anyone know if it will work with T-Mobile? Thanks

I bought an LG V20 when I switched to T-Mobile.

The V20 has been the ABSOLUTE BEST cell phone I’ve ever owned. In fact, I purchased two more.

Features

• USB Type C
  • Dual cameras, and seriously these cameras are impressive. Better quality than my older DSLRS. Full MANUAL control - I’ve taken photos with this cell phone I’ve never been able to compose with any other phone.
  • Removable battery.
  • Good storage, processors, and memory.
  • Nice build quality.

Downsides…

• Limited case options

Only issue I’ve had was one bad battery replaced under warranty.

I have had none of the storage issues that I was plagued with by both my iPhone and Samsung Galaxy phones (namely, storage allocation would be lost, likely to updates that were not properly deleted or the like, but the only solutions provided was to factory reset. Only for the problem to become critical a few months later.)

Now I lucked out, because with two of them, I also got free LG projectors. Epic.

But I am pretty well sold on LG after this experience.

does the V20 work in europe

Stop being all encompassing with your lazy comment and check to see whether people are asking a valid question.

1. Stop being lazy. Go to the website and find out that the V20, as people have posted, is not listed, genius.

I have one that I use with Sprint and it worked well in Dresden Germany for me.

I’ve had this phone for about a year. It’s by far the best phone I’ve ever had. Removable battery, expandable storage, tons of RAM, a great camera, and built like a tank. I plan to keep it a good, long time. It’s heavy, but I don’t mind that at all. A+

Love my V20 (a VS995 on Verizon) so much I got one of these last time Woot offered it to make sure I always have a backup ready to go (and cancel the overpriced Verizon warranty!). The refurb has a few scratches on the back but the screen is beautiful and the phone works fine. Bonus, I can swap my current V20’s SIM chip back and forth without having to do anything to re-activate it. :wink:

My V20 worked fine in Europe last year, you may or may not get full 4G depending on the service you use (there are sites to check compatibility). I just bought a local SIM chip, the person at the shop spent about 1 minute with the phone getting data to work, and I used it fine for 2 weeks.

The V20 will be getting Oreo “soon”-ish, now. The V10 may or may not. The V20 doesn’t have any truly widespread bootlooping issues, the V10 does. (I’d say about 90% of bootloops I’ve heard about with the V20 were people trying to root it and not following directions :P) The V20 is definitely the better option here. (although I have read some claim the V10’s audio chips are slightly better in terms of true audiophile sound but I’ll leave that as an exercise for the reader. My V20 sounds AMAZING with good headphones)

My wife loves her V20. Great phone.
Nevermind the paper stats, it’s better than the v30

I bought these the last time they were offered here on Woot,
As an ATT customer, I noted the fact that these were supposed to work with other GSM providers, and while in theory they DID work… but the speed was horrendous. I could never connect to LTE, after further research, I found that while the VZN version does “work” under ATT services, it cannot connect to 2 of the GSM bands that ATT uses, worse, the two bands are the major bands that are utilized when in LTE.

I returned my v20, and purchased an ATT version elsewhere online.
I also ordered a v10 for back up purposes, and kept it even though it was the VZN version because I loved the build quality of it, and the excellent photos and audio when using headphones. Unfortunately 3 weeks into it, the v10 succumbed to the dreaded Boot Loop issue that LG phones are notoriously known for. I suggest you research online about it… it’s kind of disheartening how widespread the issue is and it took a class action lawsuit for a response from LG, and in the end they still wouldn’t admit that it stemmed from their side of the equation.

Anyhoo, my ATT V20 can also be a possible victim to the dreaded Boot Loop, but has yet to be affected. Time will tell, but I hope it won’t since I really do love almost everything about the phone. It’s not as solid as the V10 build, but it’s great, and I found some excellent cases for it from Ghostek and Zizo.

But yeah, it was my fault for not researching completely about the bands if used under ATT, but I’m just passing the info forward for anyone in the same situation.

And as far as the Boot Loop issue? I wish you and I luck, for it is apparently still quite rampant, and even those “re-serviced” by LG for customers still under warranty, the Boot Loop issue still returned.

Just a head’s up, and hopefully you are far luckier than I if you bought the V10.