LG V20 64GB (VZW/GSM Unlocked)(S&D)

LG V20 64GB (VZW/GSM Unlocked)(S&D)

Supplied website “Will this phone work with my carrier” does not list V20 as a model for LG.

1 Like

Foreign market?

I still have one. Runs well. Got a huge battery for it and will keep it forever. Cameras are still good on it.

1 Like

I cannot find anything that says this model has GSM. Are you sure it has a SIM card slot?

I have never bought a refurb phone before, but I refuse to buy a $1,000 brick to carry around for getting spam calls and occasional texts. I hope Verizon is having a good day when I try to activate it. (Last “upgrade”: They took away my unlimited everything in exchange for a phone switch. Even though my phone had melted into a pile of plastic.)

My wife and I both own refurbished unlocked TMobile LG V20’s that we use with Cricket (AT&T). While ours are not of the Verizon variety, the features are the same. The V20’s are on Android 8 and are slated to get Pie later this year. It is an excellent phone for the money. Apps still operate smoothly, the battery lasts a long time and is replaceable, cameras are amazing, the screen is bright and clear, etc. I’d recommend this phone to anyone who is looking for what was a flagship phone at a bargain price. Use a different site for a compatibility check if the one provided does not work.

But

But does it have ALL the required frequencies for T mobile and ATT? Ive been burned before with GSM but doesnt have a certain frequency…

For anyone who is looking for this phone’s frequency bands but can’t find them listed on www.willmyphonework.net, you can check them out on the GPSArena website (https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v20-8238.php#vs995) so you can see if this phone is compatible with your carrier’s network. I hope this helps as this seems like it could still be a capable phone at a good price if you get one in good condition and you don’t want to spend a lot of $$$. You can click on the model “VS995” and it will list the frequencies specifically to this model being sold here (Verizon) which appears to be pretty comprehensive if you are using it across carriers.

These phones definitely have a major benefit by having a user-replaceable battery while still having a capable processor, 4GB of RAM, good size, and a modern version of Android.

2 Likes

More than just frequencies, to use T-Mobile’s band 12, the device needs to be VoLTE/E911 certified before it can connect to it.

Per Spectrum Gateway, the unlocked variant of the V20 does NOT support it, so I would guess that the Verizon version here would be equally unsupported. That’s not to say it won’t work at all with T-Mobile, but that there may be issues with getting full coverage.

There are rumors that you can use this on T-Mobile, but you’ll have connection problems in some regions due to the unsupported frequencies. It’s only a rumor, the discussion wasn’t clear or conclusive. FrequencyCheck shows you the technical differences.

If you really want tmobile support, you’d be better off with model H918.

I’m still rockin an S5 on that grandfathered unlimited plan so I feel your pain!

I’m on Verizon and have quite liked the refurb v20 vs995 (unlocked) that I’ve had for a little over a year now (bought from Woot for $180) (upgraded from the V10). Just bought another solely because the glass over the cameras on my current one broke (note that for some reason it appears that all the camera glass replacement kits out there don’t seem to fit this model (I’ve tried three different ones, and none have fit - their listings all say that they do, but they don’t)).

I have the LG G5 which I am very happy with. I want the V20 but how can I find out if it will work with ATT in California?

I preordered the LG V20, got it 4 days before release, and have been using it for coming up on three years now. The battery is replaceable and cheap. The screen is replaceable and cheap. I’m hard on phones and have replaced both 4 or 5 times. There won’t ever be another phone with those features. I just ordered a second one for backup because I refuse to buy a phone without replaceable battery. I don’t ever even put the phone on the charger. I have a wall charger for the batteries at home and work and just keep a few in rotation.

1 Like

what’s the frequency, Kenneth?

V20 VS995 Verizon – U.S. Networks: GPRS, EDGE, CDMA2000 EV-DO Rev A, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+, LTE, LTE-A
LTE Cat12 700/800/850/1700/1800/1900/2600 (Bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13, 20)

Max Download Speed: 600 Mbps

Max Upload Speed: 150 Mbps

Link to different models per carrier.

Not all frequencies needed for att.

V20 H910 / H915 AT&T – U.S. Networks: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+, LTE, LTE-A
LTE Cat12 700/800/850/1700/1800/1900/2100/2300/2600 (Bands 1,2,3,4,5,7,12,17,20,30)

Max Download Speed: 600 Mbps

Max Upload Speed: 150 Mbps

Link to different models per carrier

i never wanted to switch away from motorolas, but phone-snob salespeople at verizon talked me into buying a used V20 (100 bucks)… I have to admit, i have no complaints. The rubber skin and glass protector I bought off ebay for it fits perfect.
I’m not a phone-queer so i really cant speak on its features or any of that other millennial crap that i really dont care about. it holds a charge decently and it makes calls and the occasional text message gets through…

I usually buy used phones on ebay and go online or call to activate them, this was the first time i ever even walked into a verizon store(and unwillingly)… Hell this is the first phone I have even had with a sim card… But as of now, I have no regrets (yet).

…actually there is something I hate about it… I cant tell the difference between all the verizon trash vs LG apps vs the google apps… I guess I can tell the verizon apps by them telling me the price of the feature that it’s providing me after the trial period runs out… (and I am talking basic things like voice mail)
I want the least invasive non-spying, non-surprise on your bill, programs available… and that is hard to sort through what I can delete and what I have to keep. there is like 3 of everything on this phone.