LG V30 US998 64GB (Unlocked)

LG V30 US998 64GB (Unlocked)

Does this phone work with Verizon?

1 Like

looking at firmware to update the phone to the latest version for the US998 , it looks like this phone is US Cellular/US Unlocked LG V30 (US998)

1 Like

I’ve owned the unlocked phone since 2018. No software updates since 2018 - if this is a concern then dont buy an unlocked phone. LG has not done any US updates (again, on UNLOCKED phone) and at this point is unlikely to do so in the future. I bought the phone because of the reviews I read re the audio & have not been disappointed - amazing sound. No complaints re the phone or camera, it’s a really great product/

3 Likes

Are you sure that this is a US Cellular supported phone? I did not see this in the product description.

I have this phone, and bought it new. It has been great. I much prefer LG to Samsung (which my wife uses). Just feels more intuitive to me. That being said, a few years of frequent use gives it a lagging battery & a loose charging port. I’ve never had a phone NOT have these issues though. I would buy again, and if you’re getting a new one for $200, that’s a great deal. Still no new tech/apps this hasn’t been able to run well.

1 Like

Currently typing this on a V30 phone. I got it from T-Mobile when it first came out and it’s been pretty reliable over the years. Camera takes good photos, music sounds good from it and the 64GB space is plenty enough. I back up everything on Google Photos to keep the free space high enough to increase performance.

Considering this to use as a music player only. The V20s and V30s are known for their superior DACs and sound quality.

Will this phone work internationally, i.e. does it have the GSM 850 or 3G 850 frequency?

T-mobile uses GSM not CDMA and I bought this model from them

It cannot be a US Cellular and straight US998, the two are mutually exclusive. The US Cellular model numbers are US99830b, US99820h, etc. This is advertised as just the ‘US998’ which is unlocked and receives no updates.