Liberty Retractable Garden Hose Reels

Liberty Retractable Garden Hose Reels

Looks like it’s only mountable to wood. Does that mean I would have to somehow mount a piece of wood onto my brick house to hang this device? Would the mounting bracket be strong enough to support concrete screws?

Hoses are heavy. We had a metal hose reel mounted to the studs in the garage in the house I grew up in. It lasted decades.

If you are planning on trying to mount a hose reel to the side of a brick house, I’d say don’t do it.

1 Like

In my opinion, you can easily do that. You just need to use the correct mounting hardware. You would need a hammer drill to make holes in the brick before inserting the correct anchor. Do not drill the holes in the mortar as it will not be strong enough.

Actually, it’s a bad idea to have your hose out all year round, even on a reel–At least here where we get winter weather. I keep my hose protected and tucked away when I’m not using it.

If you winterize it and get all the water out, it should be fine

2 Likes

Yeah, ain’t nobody got time for that. I could Simonize the lawn mower too while I’m at it. Freezing temps for days are bad on rubber.

But you do you, and I’ll do me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you watch the video? The whole box can be easily removed from the mount for winter storage.

1 Like

I’ve got one, not this type, mounted to the side of my brick house. No wood just brick. The screws are huge. It came from Lowe’s but I can’t remember if it was made for bricks. I don’t think so, it was the cheaper one.

1 Like

Can the main hose and/or lead hose be replaced if for example it has a hole or torn up?

All winterizing means is draining the hose. Pull some hose out of the reel, unscrew it from the faucet and let it siphon out. Done in 1minute. Been doing that for decades here in New England.

3 Likes

This unit can be mounted on brick or any surface. You just need to use the correct mounting hardware.
And the reel can be easily taken off the wall mount for winter storage.

No. The hose cannot be replaced.

I drain my hose on the regular.

3 Likes

You are a responsible hose drainer! I envy you. My hoses die after a few years.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I can imagine 100 feet of hose full of water gets heavy. It seems the critical part of investing in this has the potential to fail leaving 4 big holes in my bricks. I guess I’ll stick to something that sits on the floor

1 Like

Based of the description this hose is PVC. I’m wondering what’s the difference between PVC and hybrid hose types?

I can imagine at ½ an inch it kinks easily

1 Like

Y’all… Watch the video.
The unit has a catch which you unclick then just lift the whole unit off the bracket, and take it indoors.

That said? I have like 4 100ft hoses outside in summertime, all of which I drain and bring indoors for winter. It really don’t take that much time, specially if you have those ‘shrinking’ hoses which collapse when they’ve got no water in. But, apparently, this hose is non-replacable. which is a no-no for me.

1 Like

TWSS

1 Like