Lifeline First Aid

Info like, “A nice tradeoff is FourSevens/Fenix/Maglight LED. Lithium batteries when fresh can last up to 10 years…” is music to my ears. Maxpedition is cool beans, but I haven’t gotten any yet. I’m big into clothes with zippered pockets, hard to find. I actually used to be a stitcher and would make my own if my life weren’t in such disarray. They wouldn’t be those welded kind I love, want to learn that technique. Woot offered the SOG multi-tool some time ago, which I acquired but have now decided is too heavy to carry, more suitable to keep in a vehicle’s tool collection, now have to figure out a replacement, a lot of work. I got the first iteration of Eneloops, now it’s a matter of finding the right devices to use them in.

I haven’t been able to figure out where the link is for your message, didn’t get an e-mail notification either. Maybe it got lost in the ether.

Or those 3-mil or 5-mil, can’t remember, 40-some-gallon contractor bags, it occurred to me after reading your post. In my more organized states of being I carry one in my bag in case I find myself needing to carry something large and a store’s wimpy-a$$ bags won’t deal. Then there’s always the possibility of some interesting street find. Get black, more stealth. :wink:

Oopla, just saw the message icon.

If it doesn’t have quikclot, military style direct pressure dressing (Israeli bandage), and a tourniquet, then the kit is good only for treating stuff you won’t actually die from. Not very useful. After a tornado or other massive catastrophe, do you think you’ll be treating blisters and splinters? I’m betting on having to deal with a crushed limb or other major bleeding wound…

I keep trauma kits in my bags as well. Most kits like these are just a base for people that don’t/won’t bother to prep anything. We could make a huge list of things that could have been added/taken out, but if there’s one thing I’ve seen is some people who buy these inevitably begin to wonder what really useful and begin to learn. That said, they would be better than nothing