LifePro S-2PC-1000B Infrared Heater

THOSE POWER SETTINGS

The specs the vendor gave us said 2 power settings but our team has gone over the sample & box with a fine toothed comb. They can find no evidence of two power settings so they’ve removed that from the spec.

THANKS you eagle-eyed wooters!

Having a similar model I know that these work as well as any other heater with the same specs. If you like the features and the look of the box get it. You won’t be disappointed unless you expect to heat a large area when the temperature outside is very low.

My experience with this type of heater is that when I leave it on at night, before going to sleep, in the 28x28 living area of my house, set at 62, it keeps the place warm until I put the heat on.

However, I like the two bedrooms cold at night. This saves money because the electric heat that I use to heat the entire house does not come on at all during the sleeping hours. The living area is somewhat warm when I wake up and put the heat on.

I live in the Phoenix area and the temps at night have been dipping into the high twenties. No complaints using it as described.

The main difference between infrared and other types of heaters, is that these are basically mini forced hot air furnaces. Oil-filled, ceramic, or element heaters get really hot at the source, but don’t heat a large space efficiently. That’s why you see secretaries with a tiny ceramic heater by their feet, because that’s all it warms. These (I have the larger 1500 sq-ft model) heat up slowly, but heat a large area evenly and more efficiently than those other types. And are safe for kids and pets to be near.

I think this is at Home Depot for 58.88: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lifesmart-Life-Pro-Series-1000-Watt-4-Element-Infrared-Electric-Portable-Heater-with-Remote-LS1002THD14/205400938

[MOD: Different model number]

It does have a fan and it blows. Kinda loud, I prefer my oil filled.

Us WOOTERS love to dissect any thing advertised on here. Even a $59.99 electric heater gets more scrutiny then then the Congressional Budget. I would not be surprised to see a 5 paragraph synopsis on the dotting of the “I’S” in the product description.

Model number, schmodel number! SAME specs, SAME brand, over $1 cheaper, NO shipping cost, AND no-hassle return policy. If I needed/wanted one, I know which one I’d buy…

Woot… you used to have such better deals, and used to adjust pricing to stay ahead of the competition.

^^^^ Exactly what he said. I see this here almost every day now.

We live in Fargo ND
30 below zero last night
We have previous woot in our bedroom which is always cold not a huge capacity but makes room comfortable and disagree on the fan noise, ours is hardly noticeable from 10’ away

Im almost pulled the trigger. Glad I didnt now Ill just pick one up at Home Depot.

And this is why America has the Congress it deserves.

Right on brother! (uh oh, might be a reverence to INFAMOUS problem 5/2007 37” Vizio sale).

But not from me.

Nice post madforest. Different model number may only mean a different color. All the important specs are identical!