LifeSmart 1500 SQ FT Infrared Heater

**Item: **LifeSmart 1500 SQ FT Infrared Heater
Price: $59.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=LifeSmart 1500 SQ FT Infrared Heater)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=LifeSmart 1500 SQ FT Infrared Heater)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
9/25/2013 - $59.99 (Woot-off) - 13 comment(s)
9/25/2013 - $59.99 (Woot-off) - 13 comment(s)
9/11/2013 - $59.99 - 29 comment(s)

Says there are 93% left but e
When I go to checkout, says sold out! Really want one!

Read the Amazon reviews. I came close to buying two of these then quickly changed my mind after considering what others are saying on Amazon.

Does this heater run only at 1500 watts, cycling on an off from a thermostat, or does it have settings that consume lower continuous wattage?

For example, most oil-fill radiator space heaters will run at 600, 900, or 1500 watts.

Thanks for the info.

First it has a low, 750watt option.
Second, my inlaws bought a 2 pack of these last year and one was defective out of the box. Company required both to be returned, not just the defective one, and return time was 60+ days…

Also, according to their FAQ on lifesmart website - refurbished products have NO WARRANTY…so unless Woot can provide a warranty, or proof otherwise This is a no go. I want one, but no warranty is a no deal!

almostheaven- You need the 6-element this one is 4-element.I have the 6-element and set it at 75 high and it keeps the large open 1500 square foot area at 73 with the out side temp in the low 40 and does shut its self on and off to maintain the temp.

You might try again. I added it to my cart and got to the checkout without any problems. I didn’t complete the purchase though.

In case these come up again…I found many many unhappy customers via a google of “Lifesmart E1 error” and then checked them at BBB
http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/spas-and-hot-tubs-supplies-and-parts/source-network-sales-and-marketing-in-plano-tx-90314479/complaints

Read the detailed complaints.

First they send you parts and you do the repairs! And second, nearly every complaint lists long waiting periods for response and parts being back ordered for months and months…in other words the warranty is useless.

"The manufacturer’s sole obligation under this warranty shall be limited to furnishing the original purchaser replacement parts for units deemed repairable by the LIFESMART warranty department. The purchaser may also opt to ship the product to LIFESMART to have it repaired. The purchaser will be responsible to prepay any shipping charges (both ways), export taxes, custom duties and taxes, or any other charges associated with the transportation of the unit. In addition, the ===>purchaser<=== is responsible for insuring ===>any parts shipped or returned,<=== if desired. For products the warranty department deems un-repairable, or discontinued, LIFESMART reserves the right to issue a refurbished product, or product similar in size and functionality as a replacement for the defective unit, if available. -

If you are cold, and have $60, this is better than trying to cover yourself with sixty $1 bills (or 240 quarters-- yep, got my math on).

your post details problems with the manufacturers warranty. these have a 90 day woot limited warranty.

I have two of these (and just ordered another!) It works great for a large area, and I’ve saved hundreds on my gas bill over the last two winters. It’s MUCH more efficient than your standard 1500 watt electric heater. It heats with forced hot air, gently over a period of time. It doesn’t get red hot next to the heater (like a radiant heater, and even though it warms an area slowly, a few degrees at a time, it warms faster and better than an oil filled radiator type heater. I did deal with warranty service on one of mine with LifeSmart and they mailed the part to me as mentioned above. No big deal though, considering the cost to ship the thing! I have a large, fairly open three room area- kitchen, dining, and living room, and this keeps us comfortable. It also keeps the furnace from kicking in, and at night we turn it off so the upstairs gets warm. Double check those negative reviews and see how many were for a different model (NOT the 1500 square-foot version.)

I bought 3 of these before winter last year. All still work and one helps heat the garage to melt snow off the vehicle. However they were new not a refurb.

Used it twice, it was awesome. Then got an E1 error. Now it’s a useless piece of junk. People ask if it’s an old radio, I say no it’s just a monument to the cautionary tale of refurb purchases.

It has a 90-day Woot warranty. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.