Lifesmart Infracolor 2 or 3 Person Sauna

You’d have to put work into … .OASIS, shelves, door seal etc. and I am not sure if this is the kind of wood (not spanish cedar) is what you’d want around your cigars but for the price and some cool glass doors, your halfway there.

I really want to order the 3 person just because I want to be able to stretch out how ever I’m scared by the 220v/50hz As all U.S. current runs 60hz and connecting one to the other even if the voltage is the same will cause serious damage to almost anything electronic with very few exceptions. I would love for someone at woot to clarify this. Even at half off $800+ is too much to lose. Thank you all.

I emailed Woot and got a response: “The 220V - 50Hz is what is needed for the item to connect.”

I came here to say the same thing.
Which means the internet has already done it… :slight_smile:

Woa, yes this has been approached many times, though while I can find people who asked about it and spoke of it on forums, I can’t find anyone who actually did it.

The main problem seems to be the type of wood used. While traditionally cedar, it isn’t going to likely be Spanish cedar, so, much talk about stripping out old wood and replacing it with Spanish cedar.
In this case it’s hemlock.

Might be a really cool project if you bought a house with a sauna, etc, but maybe not from new.

Tools and Garden? This will look real nice next to my rose bushes in front of my tool shed.

Wondering about Voltage issue myself. Links to LifeSmart have different model with “E” in it. They have fewer heaters also. I can not find where these exist except on WOOT.

I am very tempted here… Have been reading recent studies showing significantly reduced risk of heart attacks for men who use dry heat saunas 3 times a week. They have not identified the cause of the correlation, to my knowledge, but interesting stuff