Lights, Camera, Jail!

Will Zmodo camera work with Swann DVR?

That’s pretty darn hilarious, actually.

HA! Not totally inaccurate but I’ll send it in for fixing. LOL

Usually with these kinds of cameras (IP cameras like the Zmodo CM-I12316GY), you have to leave the camera running in a web browser (often IE for ActiveX). Then, if motion is detected, it records and auto-saves to the folder you defined.

The cameras should work just fine. I converted to another brand dvr from the zmodo and the cameras worked just fine. If you were running PTZ cameras, then that might be an issue, but for these non-controlled type cameras they should be darn near plug n play.

most of the time ip cameras record right on to your hard drive you need to set most things up ftp or though email if it does come with a hard drive it is just a SD card I have a bunch of cams like this set up. i can veiw them on pretty much any phone or pc you just need to forward the port for them and remember the ip unless you have a dns set up then all you have to rember is the dns address

are any of these units wireless?

Only the one that has the keyword “Wireless” in the description :slight_smile:

wt f, buttcrack goes halfway up her back!

And as for zmodo cameras. I have returned like 6 because the ir leds cut in and out. They either come like that or start doing it within the first few months.

Just wanted to chime in regarding the Vari-focal Weatherproof Security Camera. I bought that camera two offering ago and have been VERY happy. I have allot of cameras, CCTV and IP cameras, and the Vari-focal Weatherproof Security Camera is doing a great job. Has excellent IR night illumination and one of the best images I have. Being an outside camera at $45, you will not be unhappy.

That’s my story and I am sticking to it!

Can anybody tell me how “vandal proof” these actually are and how that compares to a standard non vandal proof bullet camera?

We have to keep everyone in consideration who might have old gear! I can think of at least 2 people who both live in my parents house that still use Windows 98…

Right on, Chmarr. The I12316GY needs to be connected (wired or wirelessly) to a router that is connected to a computer that you can record files to. You assign a file location to record the video files that the camera records upon motion defection.

IP Cameras such as the I12316GY are actually not compatible with DVRs because DVRs need the cameras to be analog, and IP Cameras give out a digital signal.

You can check out the IP Camera livedemos we have in our office here:

(Needs to be run on Internet Explorer, sorry!)

The vandal proof cameras are basically cameras that are much less likely to malfunction due to tampering. Only dome-style cameras can be vandal proof because they don’t have exposed wires, you can’t change the direction they’re facing by poking them, and they’re very robust enough to not malfunction if you’re trying to throw things at it from 12 feet away. (typical floor to ceiling height)

However if you climb up a ladder and go crazy on a vandal proof camera with a brick, yea its gonna break.

All these analog systems are obsolete and are going the way of the Dodo…a full IP based system is the way to go.

I just found out that WOOT has an alias for the word L_a_m_e (spelled properly without the “_”). At least it does on my laptop.

That alias is “Generation 3 Ponies”
This could possibly be the coolest thing I have ever witnessed.

Lame
lame
“lame”
“Lame”
“LAME”
LAME

Please say this is happening to someone else too.