Lights of emerald city

I’m not gonna lie. I’m incredibly out of shape, plus i spent most of that trip eating mofongo, and my kayak buddy was my friend’s 45 year old and slightly overweight dad. I was ready to die at the end of that excursion.

Also, I really hate to agree on this but, I’d totally purchase if that little guy at the bottom was not there. I’m sorry :frowning: he’s drawn well but there is just something about his presence that is so off-putting. It kind of draws attention away from the buildings (which are awesome).

If you tuck this in it’ll look like there’s a little man in your pants. A little artistic man.

I thought we might get special ink on this one… I thought I thought I thought there just might might might be a chance. Still a great tee nehoo!

Double ditto.

I bioluminesced once. It wasn’t a bright idea.

Funny you should say that…

I’m currently drunk and high, and about an hour ago I was swimming in the ocean with a bunch of bioluminescent algae. That shit was absolutely dope.

And yes, I’m eating Cheetos and checking Woot! at 2 AM EST (blame it on the Firefox extension).

inspiring, hilarious vid

agreed w/ horse beating regarding the artist’s placement/existence. the city’s pretty cool though.

i completely agree! and sadly, i think he’s just too close to the rest of the design for him to be tucked into my pants.

oh, yeah…that is definitely what she (i) said… >=b

Wow this blows i wanted the art of creation shirt this shirt was below top 4 for a while lame…

I’m just worried that this is the kind of shirt where people come up and just stare for a long period of time before they give up, shrug, and walk away without saying a word.

I see a motherboard with an invisible PCB. Yep. Pretty little mobo. And, how do you know that is a man? I hear the devil likes to take on human shape to draw emerald cities sometimes, you all be careful now.

um… no special inks on derby shirts. Haven’t you figured that out by now? Only dailies get specialty inks.

I’m sure they figured it out, that’s why they were just hoping really hard. There’s always hope, right? Shirt.woot changes the rules all the time, as they should =]
Maybe this will show up later in the classics sale. And then they can “remix” it with glow in the dark ink!

Glow in the dark ink is usually tacky. Woot glow isn’t even strong, so it doesn’t even allow for a dramatic change… just a kinda lame hint of dimness.

is soldoutd really radiomode? you decide

this design linked (high rise) is by radiomode. high rise features a the same graphic of a building which was re-used repeatedly to make this design (lights of emerald city). think cut and paste.

according to google cache, the shirt “high rise”, which is still for sale at DBH, disappeared from the personal portfolio website of budi kwan (radiomode) shortly before this design was submitted to the derby.http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Gv-ZdDFOYhoJ:www.budikwan.com/dbh.php+budi+kwan+high+rise&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
as compared to now http://www.budikwan.com/dbh.php

now radiomode has attempted before to submit a design composed mostly of stock vectors under a fake name http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=33750 and admitted it in the next derby after he got caught Shirt.Woot

my interpretation of the facts is that radiomode got nailed two times for using stock vectors to slap a design together and passed it off as original work (his dinosaur entry and his pointilism entry), and instead of changing his ways, is now submitting under fake names so he can still claim that $1000 without having to do much work at all.

ive posted all the links so you can read if you want and decide for yourself.

edit- the high rise design from radiomodes portfolio website was actually removed after this design was submitted

May I repeat: Take a Sharpie to tone down the guy. Add lines to him or eliminate him completely.

Meh.

is that rick astley? i’d recognize that hair anywhere

Can’t say for sure whether they are the same or not, but if they are then the new name is certainly apt.

Surprise!