Like Music to my Wallet

Violin came today and the sound post (critical to a violin) was rattling around on the inside of the violin. It’s supposed to be attached to the inside top and inside bottom. It’s not…In fact it’s just happily rolling from one end to the other. Makes a nice rattle if you shake the violin but I’m too old for one. Now if it made beer?

Can’t be fixed.

Sent email to woot…

Edit: I just found some tools on the Internet to re-set the sound post. I guess this is a common thing since there are many of these tools. Don’t own one and music shop want $20 to reset it for me? A bit steep after looking at a youtube video and prices of the tools. The Bridge was missing too, but it may be wrapped up in tissue, got to un-box again to check. This may be why I didn’t ever play violin (nor did I even order this, but that’s another story)

Edit-Edit: Found the Bridge. It was inside the velvet bag wrapped in tissue. Thought it was trash. Shook the Viola and got the sound peg out. For getting woot hacked, this is becoming a chore but I will say it’s a decent package. Too bad it’s not all together though.

hrm. sorry for all that. it sounds like it’s resolved now, but if you end up feeling like it’s defunct (and not just, uh, quirky), then please email Support@Woot.com or contact M&M wholesale (you’ve got a 5 year warranty!). insert “no strings attached” joke here.