Limited Edition Green Buckyballs 216 Piece Magnetic Set – 2 Pack

No…it’s not. It’s Wednesday on the West Coast. Thursday, March 17th here now. Wednesday, March 16th still there.

Ugh. I’d actually like to get this. But ugh. If only I go against my principles.

I’m not sure if I’d want to admit buying something called “Buckyballs”.

Wow. I was going to buy a set, but after that video (not to mention the notation on its YouTube page saying “This video was attacked and taken town by Bucky Ball with a false DMCA claim”) I don’t think I will.

Poop! I’ve always wanted a set of these, but I’m not willing to pay $30 for 2 sets. I only want one :frowning:

Totally not worth it… I have these things sitting on my desk at work… 35 bucks??! Frys Electronics sells them for 15…

Copied from Zen Magnets’ web site:
Q: Do you have other colors?
A: No. Zen Magnets are colorless, and other available colors do not meet our quality standards. Gold and silver are soft and flaky. Dark nickel dilutes the mirror coating. Saturated colors are not well developed. If you’re trying to take pictures of colorful magnets, try flavoring the lighting.

I know that the product being sold here is Buckyballs, but this is just an FYI as to why buying green ones may not be the best.

Not a deal breaker, if you were interested. But the coating on the photoshoot set is already cracking. Click through the front page pictures to see yourself.

From what I can see, and my knowledge of rare earth magnets, you’re only in danget if you swallow MORE than one.

RE magnets have a small (tight) magnetic field, which is why they are use INSIDE hard drives. (OK there is another reason, they have GREAT powers. Maybe, that is why the magnetic field is so clost to the magnet.)

Oh, in for 2 sets.

steve

Man I want these so bad…but with three little kids (all under 7) two dogs and two cats… not a chance.

I’d buy them if they were purple… Or maybe colbalt blue… otherwise, not a fantastic price over regular buckyballs at amazon

Been wanting some and here was my chance. In for 1. Happy St Pattys Day

!!!

I MUST HAVE THEM!!!

@omgwin Good catch :stuck_out_tongue:

These things are freakin’ awesome… for 24 minutes. After that, they’re small magnet balls that you forget about, and find in your desk drawer when you’re quitting or being downsized. From then on you think about your horrid boss and his lying ways every time you see the little round reminders. I mean…maybe. It’s one possibility.

Can I get an “Unlimited” edition?

I’m happy to see these are new. I wouldn’t want a refurbished ‘pooed’ set from the warning.

If you decide to buy these, do yourself a favor and buy three sets of two.

With these things more is better.

I am actually tempted by these, but judging by the 4 sets I already own, I know the coating wont last. It’s unfortunate I would love to have some green ones.

I put them on my coffee table and everyone that comes over can’t help but play with them. After 6-8 months I still find new things to do with mine. I just don’t trust the green coating to last which is the only reason I wouldn’t purchase these. The silver and black ones are still good. The gold ones I have are so faded they often get mixed with the silver and it’s hard to tell them apart.