Linkin Park Fans - LP and Jay Z need your help!!

Hello fellow Wooters.

For all the fellow Linkin Park and Jay Z fans, I received an email from their site asking for their fans’ help.

They (LP & JZ) are in a battle today against The White Stripes for the finals for Viewers Choice Award on MTV. I have nothing against the other group, but I know that I’m votin’ for LP - they’re one of my faves!

If you want to vote, LP is asking that you vote as many times as you can, from now until 9:00 a.m. (don’t know if it’s right or left coast time, but I’m guessing it’s right 'cause MTV Studios are based there). Vote once, vote a million times, it’s up to you. Here’s the link:

Vote NOW!

Thanks!!

That reminds me of a contest that a local radio station held for Mandy Moore to perform at whatever high school got the most votes. Well, I went to a science and tech high school, which requires an admissions test, and only took 400 students per year (a tiny amount compared to other high schools), so we had no chance, until some students created automatic voting programs. We won, and it was great.

ps. The concert blew an unbelievable amount.

herrsmith: thanks for sharing your story - it’s cool when a group of people can get together for a common goal and actually succeed…even if it was for something like that concert. I personally don’t like Mandy Moore, but what ever floats peoples’ boats, then whatever… I haven’t personally experienced anything in relation to LP, but their website does show some of the things they give back to their fans…it’s actually pretty cool and rare that a group is successful and still keeps in such close contact with their fans…I don’t think I’ve ever read a website or visited one in which the artists award their fans with such prizes…(I will post the link to the Linkin Park website if anyone should want it.)

Update - the voting is STILL going on…it is now LP & JZ against The Game and 50 Cent…I personally don’t care for 50 Cent (just don’t like his lyrics…) - so I will be voting as many times as I can for LP.

Remember - you can vote once, twice, or a million times - the band is just asking that you vote, period. Linkin Park won last year at the MTV Music Awards - they won Viewer’s Choice for “Breaking the Habit.” They were, from what I remember from the media during that time, big underdogs, and they sent out a similiar email asking for their fans to vote for them. I voted last year, and was actually surprised when they won. I and my kids, loved “Breaking the Habit”, and we also like the mixes LP has done with Jay-Z, so we are all voting. Who knows - we may win again.

/rant on LP off.

Thanks for viewing, Thanks for responding herrsmith, and Thanks for all of your votes.

z

Edited to add: I’ve received another email. Below, I will quote the email to explain the second round of voting

"Thanks to all the LPU members and Linkin Park fans voting, Linkin Park and Jay-Z’s “Numb/Encore” video has made it to ROUND 2 of voting for the nomination for MTV’s Video Music Awards!

All day today until 9am EST tomorrow we need to KEEP VOTING for Linkin Park and Jay-Z who are up against 50 Cent, to get them into the next round and help them score the nomination at this year’s annual Video Music Awards! Voting is LIVE from 2:00pm EST TODAY (Aug 2) to 9:00am EST TOMORROW (Aug 3). You can vote as many times as you want!..(skipping link to voting url)…

But don’t stop here…

Every day this week there will be a match putting artists against each other to win a nomination for the Viewer’s Choice Awards at this years VMA’s. We have to vote over and over to get LP to win EVERY DAY THIS WEEK to get them the nomination.

If they win today there will be more voting starting at 2pm EST tomorrow, so keep checking back here in news to get the newest links for voting.

Be sure to pass the link on to your friends, buddy lists, and everyone you know and let them know they can vote as many times as they want to help get Linkin Park this nomination!

(end of email with links to voting and links to pass onto friends/boards, etc.)"

That reminds me of a contest that a local radio station held for Mandy Moore to perform at whatever high school got the most votes. Well, I went to a science and tech high school, which requires an admissions test, and only took 400 students per year (a tiny amount compared to other high schools), so we had no chance, until some students created automatic voting programs. We won, and it was great.

ps. The concert blew an unbelievable amount.

herrsmith: thanks for sharing your story - it’s cool when a group of people can get together for a common goal and actually succeed…even if it was for something like that concert. I personally don’t like Mandy Moore, but what ever floats peoples’ boats, then whatever… I haven’t personally experienced anything in relation to LP, but their website does show some of the things they give back to their fans…it’s actually pretty cool and rare that a group is successful and still keeps in such close contact with their fans…I don’t think I’ve ever read a website or visited one in which the artists award their fans with such prizes…(I will post the link to the Linkin Park website if anyone should want it.)

Update - the voting is STILL going on…it is now LP & JZ against The Game and 50 Cent…I personally don’t care for 50 Cent (just don’t like his lyrics…) - so I will be voting as many times as I can for LP.

Remember - you can vote once, twice, or a million times - the band is just asking that you vote, period. Linkin Park won last year at the MTV Music Awards - they won Viewer’s Choice for “Breaking the Habit.” They were, from what I remember from the media during that time, big underdogs, and they sent out a similiar email asking for their fans to vote for them. I voted last year, and was actually surprised when they won. I and my kids, loved “Breaking the Habit”, and we also like the mixes LP has done with Jay-Z, so we are all voting. Who knows - we may win again.

/rant on LP off.

Thanks for viewing, Thanks for responding herrsmith, and Thanks for all of your votes.

z

Edited to add: I’ve received another email. Below, I will quote the email to explain the second round of voting

"Thanks to all the LPU members and Linkin Park fans voting, Linkin Park and Jay-Z’s “Numb/Encore” video has made it to ROUND 2 of voting for the nomination for MTV’s Video Music Awards!

All day today until 9am EST tomorrow we need to KEEP VOTING for Linkin Park and Jay-Z who are up against 50 Cent, to get them into the next round and help them score the nomination at this year’s annual Video Music Awards! Voting is LIVE from 2:00pm EST TODAY (Aug 2) to 9:00am EST TOMORROW (Aug 3). You can vote as many times as you want!..(skipping link to voting url)…

But don’t stop here…

Every day this week there will be a match putting artists against each other to win a nomination for the Viewer’s Choice Awards at this years VMA’s. We have to vote over and over to get LP to win EVERY DAY THIS WEEK to get them the nomination.

If they win today there will be more voting starting at 2pm EST tomorrow, so keep checking back here in news to get the newest links for voting.

Be sure to pass the link on to your friends, buddy lists, and everyone you know and let them know they can vote as many times as they want to help get Linkin Park this nomination!

(end of email with links to voting and links to pass onto friends/boards, etc.)"