Linksys 802.11b PCI Adaptor - 2 Pack

Great price for TWO, but I have the need for speed!!!

Thanks Woot! Wirless b is old age technology. Buyer Beware. WEP is gone, so dont expect to have any encryption using these Wifi devices. Behold WPA

A tad out dated now that the 802.11n is now avaliable to the masses. But heck still had to buy a set since it’s all compatable and most ISP cap @ 5mbs

Nice woot price. TY

about $21 a piece from RENDware Wireless 802.11G 54MBPS ( TEW-423PI )

Great deal

<3 Linksys

Great price, but a bit outdated. I am one of those people in the description (never made a toliet though), and I would still rather get something that was a bit more current. You really cant beat 8.50 each including shipping though. The real question is who would need these, that doesnt already have a wireless cards if they have a wireless router.

Hey Nancy, 2 for Tuesday, there will never be a BOC on Tuesday, complain every other day but today, thanks.

a jumpy “i want one” already? i was wrong, i didnt just black out for the last 5 years, its still 2001!

You all realize most college campuses still operate B networks. Most usage is suitable over B networks. And this is cheap for B networks. And WPA doesn’t hold a candle to a suitably secure password and MAC filtering.

Nice Woot for a ‘twofer’ but 802.11b? We can do a lot better gentlemen. I had one for my PC upstairs (not Linksys but Netgear) and it did not get a good connection speed. I returned it and got the USB kind and moved it around until I got a better signal.

Good night…

The b is for 802.11B…

99.9% of you dont have anything that needs to be faster than 11mbps, the interent certainly isnt going to be more than 8mbps and even gaming will be perfect on a lan at 11megs… file transfers and range is where you need G these will work fine

can I ever see wireless G on this site…?!

b-g whatever, you don’t have to worry unless your getting OVER 11mbs from your ISP, furthermore wireless networks often can’t sustain a speed over 5mbs. So what’s the difference? File transfer between computers on the network.

12.99? Quit complaining, that’s awesome.

I might get this just for the high gain antennas. They would cost more than this by themselves!

to be honest, for those of you who don’t setup a wireless network and only use the wireless feature of your routers/access points for internet, it’s more than enough…

but since I actually transfer files over WLAN…B is not for me…good price tho…but this is probably a deal for those dinosaurs upgrading to wireless for the first time :smiley:

meh i hate linksys since none of their products support xp 64 bit.
sorry woot old technology.
you have your good days.

Meh, I need somthing a bit better transfer speed for my HTPC. Forcing my router use WEP isn’t an good idea in apartment either…

Nite nite

If you’re only accessing the internet across it, it’s plenty fast enough. Even medium-sized file transfers won’t be too bad. This is more than adequate for people who can’t/won’t string wires across their house to distant systems that need basic network functionality.

My dear fellow wooters,

i have not been able to provide any useful links in the past few days, due to a ridiculous work schedule. i shall return tomorrow night.

-mandangalo
“my manhood dangles low”