Linksys AC1900 Wireless AC 2x2 Router

I purchased this one a month ago. Its been working really well. Great coverage and good performance. Not a single drop yet.

This is mostly version 1. But my experience so far has been good.

What’s impressive is how the external drive is working. Its HFS+ formatted but both windows and mac can write to it.

Good performance overall. Just wanted to share.

Can anyone indicate from usage experience how this and the new 1900ACS compare? Not certain if I’d want this or the next version.

Here is a link comparing v1 & v2 hardware. V1 (I believe the model on sale here) had really good reliability and performance feedback.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30022827-The-WRT1900AC-now-has-a-Version-2

My finger is hovering over the “I want one” button…

V1 has really TERRIBLE reliability and performance. I’ve had four v1s, they all experienced random drops, speed problems, and reboots for no reason. I emailed Linksys tech support [ ref:_00D306e4T._50034mEgBG:ref ] a week ago and haven’t heard back. I’m going to call my credit card company and do a chargeback. The quality took a nose dive when Cisco sold Linksys to Belkin.

In this thread firmware is blamed (that’s the story Linksys support will give you), and auto-update must be kept OFF because apparently Linksys continues to serve bad firmware to these boxes.

the most helpful amazon review for the r6900 (linksys ac1900 line) reveals the nightmare of getting one.

The most helpful negative review for the WRT Ac1900 tells the exact same story.

Buy a netgear nighthawk, they seem to work properly.

Great price for the performance of the Linksys WRT1900AC. if you have wireless ac devices, i get wired ethernet speed.