Linksys MAX-STREAM AC1750 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router

I am techno-illiterate, so I am wondering if this would work for my situation…we have AT&T DSL broadband (not U-Verse) and use a modem/router. Would this be the same thing? Or does it need to say “modem” as well?

I am techno-illiterate, so I am wondering if this would work for my situation…we have AT&T DSL broadband (not U-Verse) and use a modem/router. Would this be the same thing? Or does it need to say “modem” as well?

modem/routers are combo devices. Most people use a modem and a separate router, since the standards change every couple years. You’d still need a DSL modem. Having said that, DSL is typically slower than cable broadband, so a new super fast router may not seem any better, since your bottleneck is the DSL. However, if you’re thinking of a new router because your house coverage is poor, then by all means get a new more powerful router and separate DSL modem.

Thanks for the advice!

Apparently this, and many Linksys routers, is vulnerable to the KRACK security flaw. I assume since they did not release an update 1-2 months ago along with ALL other router manufacturers then they will not be providing an update to this very serious security issue.
I would not recommend buying a router that the manufacturer does not update with security fixes - your computer and data are at risk.

This is a router ONLY, and does not function as a modem. You potentially could attach/link this to a separate modem that you use for your DSL service. In fact that is what I do.