Linksys Smart Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router

(&#$^(*@#
I just bought this yesterday because my old one died and I needed one asap.

If I weren’t so lazy I’d take the one I bought back to the store.

Does it support DD-WRT firmware, the only way to protect against wifi hackers?

How can it double my bandwidth? Isn’t that determined by my ISP?

Yes it is fully backwards compatible for a b and g as well as the current n standard

Didn’t Cisco sell Linksys to Belkin in the early part of 2013?

Is Cisco (“Cloud”) even in the picture for this product at this point?

The product photos are even schizophrenic - some show the before sale product and others show it with “Cisco” gone.

Cisco experimented in the consumer market and couldn’t make it work (profitability) so they’ve dumped out of just about every consumer product they tried.

WHAT IS THE WARRANTY AND WHO DO I CALL FOR WARRANTY QUESTIONS and is it easy to set the router to use both bands?

Jim

The warranty on today’s offer is 90 Day Linksys.
If you encounter any issues with your purchase, you can contact LinkSys Customer Support

No, DD-WRT doesn’t support it. Probably has the new chipset DD-WRT hasn’t developed drivers for. If you can find an E4200 on ebay or something, that would work.

Double bandwidth comes from the router being able to transmit on two bands at the same time. If your laptop can also work two bands simultaneously (and a lot can’t) and your broadband has the data rate to feed it, you could theoretically get double throughput. In practice it doesn’t happen very often.

When is this going to ship? I ordered it on the 23rd and it still says packaging.

Looks like soon. Electronic info was sent to USPS for yours on Wednesday. Yesterday was a holiday, of course. Should go out today.

Update: Got more info by putting the tracking number into FedEx as it’s going SmartPost. I’ll PM you the tracking. (It’s shipped.)

To view your private messages, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

What a disappointment!
The router arrived fully configured with someone else’s setup.
Secure WPA2 SSID. Add said it was factory refurbished. Guess not.
Had to put my old router back online and search how to reset the router to factory default.
On top of that whenever I load the manual PDF on my Mac Book Adobe PDF reader crashes.
This router was to replace a netgear I purchased from woot. I had to hook it up to a lamp timer to reboot once a day or it would stop taking wireless connections.

Sorry for the hassles. Contact Linksys support to see if they can help you.

If not, email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.