Linksys WMCE54AG Wireless Media Center Extender

$178.98 cheapest on froogle (http://www.justdeals.com/Items/Item.aspx?SKU=JD_WMCE54AG_REFUR)

(Probation-worthy content removed.)
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Linksys WMCE54AG Wireless Media Center Extender
$99.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product(s): 1 Linksys WMCE54AG Wireless Media Center Extender

Thanks, uplate. I’m Noctis reporting LIVE from Wootland, TX with your nightly reviews. Strap on your chaps ladies, this ain’t my first rodeo…

c|net: 7.3 of 10
LaptopMag.com says this joker is off the chain… as long as you own a Media Center PC…
xpcgear.com proved my tingling Wootsense correct… this item has been discontinued!
vista64.net claims this isn’t compatible with Vista 64-bit! EEK!

Manufacturer’s Site

Some pricing info…
Froogle … $178.95

SecretPrices … $279 (new)

PriceGrabber and Shopzilla have no merchant prices listed.

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Wireless-Extender-WMCE54AG/dp/B0002ZUZVW

242 about so this is a great deal !

~ Chris
Teen Forums Onwer / Admin

any reviews for this?

wait…found some user reviews on CNET.

CNET - 7.3/10 User Opinion.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Dual_Band_Wireless_A_G_Media_Center_Extender/4852-6470_7-31202009.html?tag=uoavrg

So this won’t work with regular Windows XP?

System Requirements:

* Windows Media Center PC with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 

Deal-breaker.

Er…yea…so for some reason they recalled all of these from the Circuit City I work at about 3 or 4 months ago…Havn’t seen 'em since…

You don’t need one if you buy a decent router in the first place.

Is this thing worth getting? I’ve just been connecting my TV to my laptop and streaming files from my main desktop to my laptop. =)

Nevermind, I just saw the post made by gruisinger… Yeah, I’m definately not getting this now…

Too bad it doesn’t work with regular XP. Too expensive for me anyways.

I bought one of these when it was released to see if it was more versatile than my modded xbox with XBMC. It turned out that the thing was barely functional and was pretty much useless. You may very well be buying one that I returned to the store 1 day after bringing it home.

Got my first Brontosaurus on Cocaine on Christmas though, thanks WOOT!

This looks okay…I worry about the refub part.

Careful all. Read the description, ONLY works with Windows Media Center OS! A lot of us have XP, so it doesn’t sound like it’s compatible for the masses.

Wow…I wish woot had been like a month sooner… I bought 1 recently @ Comp USA!!!

What about those of us that use Myth TV or Go TV (aka didn’t want to pay for Windows MCE) Will this still work?

Please elaborate. I’m not sure how a “decent router” helps?

Er, the main purpose of this is so u view all of your photos from your computers hd on your plasma tv or wtf ever with the computer in one room and the tv in another. You can also stream your music to your stereo system as well. So unless you have 1TB of music on the ol’ hard drive, and love presenting slide shows, ditch this piece ‘o’ crap.

no wootcast?