Lite-On DVD Recorder/VCR Combo

Don’t shop woot… Shop smart, shop S-Mart. hehehe, nite woot.

So this device can only write to rewritable media?

Thank goodness, now I can copy all my old Golden Girls tapes, hehehe
(that was sarcasm for those of you still in shock from todays woot)

no

I know Lite-On makes their own drives, but they certainly don’t make their own VCRs. Anybody know anything more about who puts this thing together?

Yeah seriously, does anyone know how to get a DVD recorder to record VHS tapes… I’ve had this problem before

if it dont play divx…who cares?

This is made in a factory formed by black activists in the 70’s…they outsourced production to China and mispronounciation resulted in the company’s new name.

I love the reference for what happened with Digg a couple days ago

If it’s not a referb, Then note “oem” and expect bubble wrap.

I’ve only used Lite-On DVD-RW drives in every system I’ve built the last 3 years, they’ve never failed me. They’re a low-cost brand, but the quality of their products are excellent.

i have a lite-on dvd recorder… cant really complain works like it should

OK - we have one of these and I can say it works wonderfully! Anybody with a bunch of things on Video Tape can transcribe them into DVD’s easily with this thing (which is why I bought one to start with) and will likely bless they day they bought one. It’s not fancy - and it does its work in “real time”, so it’s a “Set it and forget it” kind of thing while it does its thing, but at this price, who cares. I’ve no regrets about having bought one (this same brand too). …just in case it helps to know…

Lite-on is one of the biggest names in optical drives. Most the manufactures actually build their computers with lite-on drives or just stamp their name on it and sell it as their own. According to wikipedia now that they have bought BenQ they are the second largest manufacturer of optical drives including DVD writers.

for players, but not for recorders.

Don’t know about VCRs and DVD players, but I have used Lite-On’s CD/DVD computer drives. Seem to be very good and reliable.

Lite on is a well known brand for pc optical drives and is definitely a good brand

Read the description: Except don’t get too excited about making DVD copies of your VHS movies. Most of them will have Macrovision protection, and so you won’t be able to copy those. Looks like you didn’t really “buy” that movie, you just rented it until the videotape rots away.

Lite-on is a good name. I work in CD production and they’re one of the biggest in lighstscribe dual formats we use.

Ok, is it me or are the wootcasts getting better??

I would be hard pressed to choose between todays or yesterdays…

I mean I may e-mail in sick with a link to that podcast.