Literary Classics as Video Games

So it can be boxed or game scene, 8-bit 16-bit 64-bit etc, any video game.

Can that also include computer games? Like WoW or LoL or Myst?

Ugh! Creating 1000’s of little squares and rectangles is painful! My wrist hurts! Waaaa. Hehehe.

Your very first print!

Indeed, it’s the back catalog that necessitates creme being around. The only thing is that color isn’t a standard Anvil 980/880/990B product, so it’s custom made for Woot … from their organic cotton fabric … which means it’s possibly at a higher cost even what regular AA blanks cost. Hence, the use of them is restricted.

Also, inventory management is NOT a Woot strongpoint …

(Edited for grammar.)

That was your first print, Fishy!!!??? Ha! I bought that the day it printed for my wife. That was in the before-times when I didn’t really follow the derby so I had no clue WHO made it. :slight_smile: That’s so cool to know.

Btw, I will be a very, very sad wooter if no one does anything for Metroid v.v There are enough books in the public domain that celebrate the strength of a lead heroine.

Thanks for the question and the answer. There may be a generation gap here between people who know all the video games and people who engage in other forms of entertainment.
Maybe there is a hybrid subspecies, people who do half of one and 50% the other!

~flails~
I had misread! It’s for any sort of video games, so please don’t limit yourself!

Hey, all you fast artists with huge portfolios to adapt, where are your advance T-shirts for the rest of us to critique?
I looked at Project Gutenberg, and I barely remember “The Moonstone.”
I’m struggling to imagine a picture showing something from “The Moonstone” as a videogame.

Most of them were probably busy with the woot-off and Crapword Puzzle.

it seems good.maybe i will get one.thanks

So… is this the ALTERED BEAST / METAMORPHOSIS mashup no one ever asked for?

Should I scrap it and do something else… I don’t know what I was doing… haha

Well… these are rough. I KNOW they have clips in them. I will change that. I just needed a quick rough “sketch” for thinking it through. Sorry the items in Grimm’s aren’t all there. I’ll put in more items from other Grimm’s stories and make them look like 8 bit as best I can. What do you think?

Are we talking mash ups of literary classics with preexisting video games like parody style or adaptations of the stories into brand new video games…or both?

Here is my work in progress. I was looking at some cool gradient final fantasy posters and tried to run with that. I’m not sure whether it is video game-y enough, but its been fun so far.

I kinda like it without “press start”. Seems out of place. Maybe make it a box art. I don’t know. What do the more experienced peeps say?

Could I use things like tm and tecmo ltd? Or is that a definite copyright issue?

Yup, that was my very first print anywhere! I had a couple of prints lined up with other big sites, but woot was my first. sniff Such good memories. It’s so awesome you have one! :slight_smile:

Really rough sketch. Not sure if I should finish it or not… u__u
Or I could go really chibi and cute instead of more standard like this
Or just never finish :stuck_out_tongue:

(also have to make sure it fits into the color limit. Haaaaah)

I like it! It made me laugh and and cringe at the same time… On a side note I might have cringed 'cause I taught Kafka grandchildren (or great grandchildren) when I was teaching at school

Woot won’t print TM, C, R or other legal symbols. (or company names!)